Weight loss & half marathon journey.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by truck_n_vacation, Jan 31, 2016.

1. truck_n_vacation

truck_n_vacation Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Lol. Done some test rolls on my Rollerblade's. Didn't fall. Goal 1 meet! I was like a 18 month old learning to walk. All shakey and wobbly. I can roll on quads, but not any good for outdoors. So I had picked up some high dollar in lines last year and today was the first time outside with them. I need a flat area that's smooth, (tennis court), instead of this truck stop on a slant. Pick up speed fast on a down hill.
    Legs hurt from the 5k yesterday also. Sore in a good way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Well today I sat all day and I blew up my eating. I ate about 4 packs of the single serve fig newton's. I made excuses for myself and splurged. I have to try harder to keep it in check. But tomorrow is a new day and will be back to what I need to do again. Long run starting tomorrow, so 11 hour days till Monday afternoon to get there with 3 hours to spare if nothing goes wrong. So I need to cut up some cantelope, and wash my apples, and slice some more celery for my driving snacks.

4. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    I was not expecting the drop in weight today. Maybe it's like said earlier, "the scale might not be working properly". But hope it is!

3.1(5k) mile run this afternoon in grand isle, Nebraska. Little windy. Still having some pain in my left leg. But on a positive note......my back doesn't hurt anymore after exercise! Yippee!

Have to pull down couple steaks from the freezer for tonight and tomorrow.

20160402_135059.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Rollerblade 2 miles yesterday without falling, but close a couple times. Winds were blowing in Wyoming. Then I went for a 3.25 mile run. Slower pace and my calf didn't tighten up near as much. Maybe I'm pushing to hard to soon. I'm definitely sore this morning.

Picked up some groceries in Denver last night. Getting loaded at the moment going to cali. I need to figure out a good marinade for my chicken that's healthy. Plain chicken is boring.

I'm going to make it a good distance today so I can get up in the morning and either bike, run, or Rollerblade. Even though the rollerblading is a work in progress. Stopping worries me the most if the downhill is too steep. I can stop some, just not great.

I need more 1lb propane cylinders. I have also been thinking of picking up a single burner stove top that works off with the propane cylinders to keep it simple. Those electric got plates require too many watts for my inverter to work properly. I only have a. 1500.

6. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Just a update. Everything is going good. Still eating like I should 99% of the time. I don't crave sugar like I use to. Gotten a little lazier on the cooking. I still cook, I just don't cut up lots of stuff. I but it frozen and chopped our buy the microwave version. Cook everyday on my bbq, unless it's raining or the winds are bad.
    Gotten better at the Rollerblade's. Went out for a longer distance roll. I want to get good at it like I was on quads. Got 2 pair of race quads. And now these long range inline skates. They cost the same as my race quads, well just a little more. Just need to find the right socks and correct adjustment so my feet don't hurt. And need more balance while breaking.

Have to do a weigh in later. Unless I walk to the J couple miles away. Which I'll have time if they don't load me until 1730.

1460378698245.jpg

7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Update...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Good stuff. I've been on a health kick since end of December as well. I dropped 15 lbs so far but I've also started weightlifting so I've packed on a fair amount of muscle.

9. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Haven't changed much. I have not weighed myself in probably 2-3 weeks for sure. I still feel the same. I run at least twice a week now and sometimes three. I do a minimum of 3.1 miles (5k). Unless my left leg bothers me. I plan to move up to 4-5 mile runs in a week or two. It's getting better a little at a time. Think I just need to build the muscles up. Can definitely see the calf muscle toning and getting bigger. I try to rollerblade once a week if I find a safe place. Still building balance and stopping abilities. The weather has been crap to ride my bike. Getting rained on a lot. I've ran in light rains, which I end up with wet shoes and clothes. Not that bad with the heat my body puts off. Cycling wet is not fun and is cold and dirty.

I have had my down falls also. Eating fast food 1-2 times a week or eating something sweet, but I'm true most of the time to my eating. I usually fail when I sit somewhere or tell myself in not allowed something. Or I have my fuel card and I use points to buy something. It's like my brain had to prove me wrong. And usually I pay the price with stomach issues or the craps. Like Chinese sitting at a customer one day I had serious stomach problems and acid reflux at 3am that I thought my throat was going to burn a hole through my neck. I have to stop today and get groceries for the truck. Almost out of meat and only couple bottles of water left.
    I'll try to get a weigh in tonight or tomorrow when I stop for the day. I'm curious myself.

10. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Forgot phone in truck, but weighed in at 253.7 lbs. I've slipped too many times.

11. truck_n_vacation

Oct 31, 2015
    Oh. And I'm thinking mountain bike now. Lots of places are not road bike friendly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.