Wel Companies Orientation 09/24/2012

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jbkrash, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mamamullins

mamamullins Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    Yeah...not real happy. The only week of good pay he has had has been when he was out for 3 weeks. Last week he got 1400 miles, and this week he will have 900 miles. I told him that if things don't get better..then he may have to look elsewhere. Let's just say that you have made more then he has last week and this week. The only good pay was when we had 2 weeks worth of runs turned into one check. I told him that I will give it one more month...but I can't make it on 900 miles or 1400 miles, so I don't know. I looked at Hirschback..but I think for me it would be better to have him home weekly, because it has been physically hard on me. Fibromyalgia has been in full force for the past 3-4 weeks...so now I am on muscle relaxers and nerve pain killers...(just didn't want to live my life that way). I wish your wife best of luck in school, and I think it is always important to keep your ears open to other opportunities. Take care guys..be careful..drive safe...and have a good week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jbkrash

Jbkrash Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Ok well I think I've had it?! Ok so I asked to be off on Sunday for a wedding. My DM gave me off most of Saturday all of Sunday and Also Monday! My truck needs to be worked on so they were going to send me to Green Bay Monday. Well she has no moves to get me to GB today so take a LtL load to Indiana tomorrow, I'll be on duty around 5 am make 4 stops all in Indiana then we'll have a load to come to Milwaukee Wednesday that will get you to GB by Thursday then wait for truck to get fixed Thursday / Friday! Nice week of sitting. I talked to her on Friday and this is her way of getting me more miles? While I was in GB Friday I heard her talking to a driver on the phone who was stuck in Florida for the weekend with plans to be home over the weekend and she was saying sorry we don't have a load for you, you'll have to sit til Monday! Ouch. Well back to searching for a company again! Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for 2-2500+ miles a week solo, will take a pet ( small dog) and will take my wife who will have a new CDL in 4 weeks? Also someplace that is close to Chicago area. I'm driving a hour and a half in my car to get to my truck from home. Wel only lets you park near your home if you're over 120 miles away from a terminal, I'm 70.

4. mamamullins

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    I am sorry to hear that JBtrucker, but I know how you are feeling. I don't know of any other companies that do. Maybe you should try posting a new thread to get other people who might know. My hubby is going to IL today..he was going to see if he could drop the shipment at Joilet because it isn't scheduled to deliver until tomorrow. Like I said he only got in 900 miles last week, and 1400 miles the week before. I'll keep in touch and let you know what happens with us too. :biggrin_25513:

5. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    H.O. Wolding hires out of Chicago area if you have a place to park the truck as they only have one terminal in Wisconsin. They do training and I have my dog with me, have to pay a deposit as with most places. The miles you desire definitely seem attainable. Hope this helps.

6. Jbkrash

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Well it looks like tomorrow is the big day! I'm heading to Depere with the truck to "get it worked on". I'll be resigning also. This week has turned out to be another none mile week. I have not told them yet. I'm just going to show up there and end it. I think that will be the best way to resign? I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not from all the bad pub on this site, but I am attending US Express orientation next week in Chicago. I have seen alot of good pub here about them and their team drivers? Craig and Annes story and others. With my wifey starting school this week and doing great I might add. This company seems like it cators to teams more so then wel. I have been at 3 Walmart DC's in the last week and see all their trucks sitting there. They move alot of freight for them. I'll start a new thread next week probably telling everyone about my start there. Keep in touch Mama I'll be curious to see what happens with your hubby. Wel just wasn't for me. Wish me luck folks. Sitting on a load of scrap paper in Michigan heading for Ocomto falls around 2 am for my last Wel run. Take care everyone talk at you soon! :biggrin_2551:

7. mamamullins

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    I wish the best of luck to you and your wife. I am sorry that it didn't work out, but you are not the only one going through this. Hubby is ready to take the truck back and turn it in. I am looking at a company called D&T transport up in Minnesota that would probably be a better fit. Small company that hauls produce, candy, and Jeni-o, and runs the I-70 and I-80 corridors along with the east corridor of I-35. He would be able to stop through more frequently on his way out and back up. I'll let you know what happens with us, and I will keep in touch and again the best of luck going out to the both of you.

8. mamamullins

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    Well hubby's last day was Friday...drove to Green Bay to pick him up, so I have a week of home time with him before he goes to another company. Wishing you guys the best of luck. We'll let you know what happens with us.

9. Jbkrash

Sep 5, 2012
    Mchenry County Illinois
    Wow good luck to you as well Mama!! Keep us posted on what's going on with you! Thank you for your help and information in the past!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.