wel companies

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by wwfd1220, Mar 26, 2009.

1. paul k

paul k Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    36 cents per mile as i have 8 months experience and at the end of my first four months it goes up to 40 cents per mile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. morr2fab

morr2fab Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    If you work for WEL you wont get 40 cents till after your first year if you do not have any trucking experience. 32cent for first 3 months, 36 after that till one year anniversary.

4. paul k

paul k Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2013
    they already said after my two weeks with trainer i will get 36 cents and then four months later i will have a year experience and will go up to 40 cents will let ya know if they hold true to their word

5. morr2fab

Oct 3, 2012
    I just left WEL 3 weeks ago after 7 months of driving and I was only getting 36. wont get 40 til 1 year. I like the company but all I did was sit a lot. Less than 10000 miles in 5 weeks out. sit, sit, sit. Oh did I write I SIT!!!. However I did like them, just not the sitting. Hope you didnt get Allentown, Owch.

6. tigerdog

tigerdog Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2013
    I just left wel companies 2 weeks ago, way to much time in there loads.
    had a 400 mile run with a little over 50 hours to make it happen. gave up on em then.

the place is a mess right now. and they do find a way to push folks out before your ninety days are up, that way they don't have to insure you.

7. morr2fab

Oct 3, 2012
    I dont see them pushing you out, By the time they fly you out, pay motel, feed (Ok thats a weak point) and train, they have a lot invested in you. I found it hard to get fired. If your a good driver they dont want to lose you. However they wont do much to keep you if you want to leave.

8. tigerdog

tigerdog Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2013
    my experience was;nt all bad, but the miles were low. and I found it impossible to live on what I made there. I did go thru the correct process to return my truck. and the owner told me I had a job there any time I wanted one. told me to call him directly. maybe they wernt pushing me out. but I aint living in a truck seven days a week for what I was averaging there. they do have good equipment, and will never complain if you need it repaired. just go to the nearest repaire facility and have it fixed.

9. Tommy A

Tommy A Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Nampa, Idaho
    I started with WEL in Nov. 2010 and stayed 'til Nov. 2012. The first year I averaged 2500 m/wk. Second year began to erode, less than 2000/wk. The main reason I left was that I was hired for OTR (long haul) but they ran me like a regional. 95% of my trips in the Eastern time zone with 500 miles or less per trip, with many scheduled for 2 days. WAY too much time for WAY too little miles. Even when I got a long haul like 1800 miles, the PU to DEL was spread out over 5 days. Suffice it to say I did not see any improvement on the horizon, so I moved on to a real OTR co. 34-3600 mi/wk. There are plenty of driving jobs, so all we need to do is find the one that suits our needs and maybe even some of our wants. If you're new to driving, WEL is not a bad place to start. They can help you hone your skills by sending you to some challenging delivery locations. Good luck & stay safe.

10. morr2fab

Oct 3, 2012
    "CHALLENGING" Ya for some places that is an understatement. I agree not a bad place to start. Good luck to all.

11. truckinfast

truckinfast Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Texas
    Are you still with WEL? I start orientation in the morning

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.