Welcome to England

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Mrs T, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    Ok, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with trucking, but I just had to share this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-seven-got-1-2million-council-house.html

I'm living in England right now, and about 5 miles from this "family", it just makes me so mad that there are folk who WORK and get nothing in this crap country, and yet others just arrive and get everything. They are having a laugh, at taxpayers expense and there is a not a thing anyone can do about it.

I know someone who works at the council, and they said that the family turned down the first house they were given because the driveway wasn't big enough for all their cars. And that whenever this woman shows up at the housing department offices, she hires a security guard to go with her, becuase she wears so much expensive jewelry.

And BTW, £1 is around $2 right now, so she is getting $340,000 a year in benefits.

An yet there are old folk here who can't even afford proper meals or heating, even though they worked all their lives, and fought in the war .....

Oh, and I been told I'm not eligible for any goverment help because I work. My mistake. I go collecting firewood because we can't afford any other heating. And I will never afford to have a car here, just don't earn enough, even with 45 hours a week as a nurse.

(BTW - Only reason I'm stuck here is my teenage son just loves it and is doing so well at school it would be wrong to move him. Straight A's last year, great bunch of friends, and at a good Christian school, what can I do? How many teens love school, I would be crazy to let that go.
    So I'm here with him, and my man is back otr in the US.
    Three more years of school here, I am gonna go insane!!!)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

Hi Mrs T ..... yeah i heard the same from a friend the moved back to England cus her husband was going to work there but he couldnt get work so she stayed for 6mths... and she said it was hard going ...expensive for food and clothes and the rest ....... she came back ... and lives up the road from me now .... I stayed in states cus of my daughter ..she liked school to ..... and knew how the American school system worked ..... oddly enough after my divorce i met up with my bf and hes a truck driver....so here i am .... he rolls the road and i stay home ....... 3 yrs will go fast im sure ........ insane not your a mum and will be for forever ...... dont ya just love kids LOL

Mrs T Thanks this.
  4. countrycruisers

countrycruisers Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Vienna, IL
    Same thing happens in the U.S. People from other country's move here and get alot of help from the government to get a leg up. I hope you stay warm and things get better for you.

Mrs T Thanks this.
  5. kelx

kelx Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Kent, England
    hi Mrs T, It's an annoyance through out this coutry, I'm ashamed to say I'm british I'm english, theres nothing great about great britain anymore, I have 5 children with my hubby and his 2 older boys from his first marriage, I live in a 3 bed semi, with all 5 youngest in 1 room (4 boys 1 girl), council wont help as there isn't enough larger house's, we struggle to keep a car on the road which is needed and we get no help what so ever, it does annoy me that when illegal immagrants come here they get it handed to them on a plate, i lived in a block of flats that housed them and I was struggling to get school uniforms for my 2 stepsons and there they were wrapped in gold and wearing named clothes, it is a joke and I do feel for you, I couldnt up and leave as this is my home, but the goverment should give more help to the people who are here who do work pay taxes and are legal and send everyone packing whos after free hand outs, 3 years will fly by your be going home before you know it, chin up and keep smiling, kids who'd ave em' ...

6. kelx

kelx Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Kent, England
    hi Mrs T, It's an annoyance through out this coutry, I'm ashamed to say I'm british I'm english, theres nothing great about great britain anymore, I have 5 children with my hubby and his 2 older boys from his first marriage, I live in a 3 bed semi, with all 5 youngest in 1 room (4 boys 1 girl), council wont help as there isn't enough larger house's, we struggle to keep a car on the road which is needed and we get no help what so ever, it does annoy me that when illegal immagrants come here they get it handed to them on a plate, i lived in a block of flats that housed them and I was struggling to get school uniforms for my 2 stepsons and there they were wrapped in gold and wearing named clothes, it is a joke and I do feel for you, I couldnt up and leave as this is my home, but the goverment should give more help to the people who are here who do work pay taxes and are legal and send everyone packing whos after free hand outs, 3 years will fly by your be going home before you know it, chin up and keep smiling, ...[kid's who'd ave em']

Mrs T Thanks this.
  7. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    Yup, its sucks!
    The hospital I work in spends more on translators than on cancer drugs. My estimate is that only around 1% of the patients speak English, and I know the translators get paid aroud £50 ($80) an hour, over four times what the nurses get.

I have no problem with genuine asylum seekers, or folk wanting a new life, But give them 3 months to get it together, then STOP the handouts, and get them working.
    There is a welfare benefit office near here, I really should take a pic. The STAFF parking lot is usually deserted, maybe a couple of bikes and beat up old cars. But the welfare claimants parking lot - different story. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, some even have chauffeurs!
    When did it all go so wrong?

Tigersare UK Thanks this.
  8. Nedkelly,Keenan,dixon,irl

Nedkelly,Keenan,dixon,irl Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2009
    wicklow ireland
    Things are just as bad in ireland and getting worse by the minute!:biggrin_25510:

Mrs T Thanks this.
  9. Tigersare UK

Tigersare UK Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Uk
    This is really, really bad, paying our taxes( and there not cheap either). some people cant afford heating, that or a choice between food or warmth. yet we are at war with the force that is terror. so lets recap, our goverment is paying people to live in big house's(from our money) ,fighting a(arguably)useless war in afganistan and iraq

It gets worse Gordon Brown is bad but lets think who else we have. nick clegg a librel whos clueless. hmmm or maybe david cameron i think not. or maybe david milliband(whats with his hair)

Englands in a bleak state and is looking only to get worse.

Mrs T Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.