Well everyone wish me luck. Training at Jim Palmer

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Kodiakkodak, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bigtssa

bigtssa Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Yes. 10k miles (about) as D seat which is just permit
    10k as c-seat
    20k as b- seat

Mine took about a month and a half

Edit to add thats total miles between you and your trainer

Bluedew and BlueThunderr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    You mean the Peterbuilts are pretty small inside ? Are you able to lay fully across the bed ?and can you stand fully inside them ? How is everything going so far ?

4. Kodiakkodak

Kodiakkodak Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I can sends and lay find just not as tall as the freightliners is all. And the top bunk in them where I'm currently living is smaller than I'd like. You can only really lay on it. In the freights I've seen you can sit up

Bluedew Thanks this.
  5. crazyrob79

crazyrob79 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I hear Allie is going back into trucking

akfisher Thanks this.
  6. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
  7. Kodiakkodak

Kodiakkodak Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Thanks all. Haven't much updated as been a little busy grinding gears and cursing about hills. But on the road with my trainer, who is awesome, and did and 2500 molde myself driving. Been from Utah to Colorado to Texas and then to Washington. Currently on the way back to Utah with a load heading to New York in the end .I kinda wish I could drive it myself. Supposedly next load takes us to cali and then Kansas. We shall see. So far so good. Haven't had any major issies yet areas from getting going from a stop but getting better at that as the days go. So far only one person has honked at me so I guess that's good.

8. BlueThunderr

Sep 11, 2012
    What's the deal with time waiting at shippers ? Do you get paid for time waiting ?Is it tough to get paid for time waiting ? How often are you waiting to drop and pick up loads ? Seems like in the reefer business you wait around a lot...I heard Jim Palmer does it on a "case by case" basis ? Seems like you may not get paid for time waiting or if you do it is difficult ?

Mil2Sec2Trucking Thanks this.
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I don't know JPT policy about detention, but most companies only start paying detention after you are waiting over 2 hours. And some big customers have a "no detention" contract. I believe Walmart loads don't pay detention. So when trucking companies say they pay detention what it means to the driver is "we'll pay you IF the customer pays us."

At the company I work for I earn about half as much waiting as I make driving.

BlueThunderr and Bluedew Thank this.
  10. BlueThunderr

Sep 11, 2012
    How's everything going out there ? Got any updates for us ?

11. meterman1976

meterman1976 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2018
    hey, hows everything been going on the road for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.