Well here it goes, tomorrow I'm going to face a judge "illegal" parking vs. hos

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Sure thing mister murderer.

Dumdriver and ladr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    A thief is a thief just the same whether they use force or the force of "law" to take what isn't theirs, and they will be dealt with accordingly. Take my home? I'll be happy visiting my family from behind a glass wall as you're visiting yours in the cemetary. Not worth the risk? Don't start a fight you aren't willing to see through to the end. Mind your own business and there won't be any problems.

Oxbow and spyder7723 Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    And how will you visit your family in the cemetery when their family responds in kind? This isn't some third world country where murder is the correct response to any slight.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I'll give you another example, and this is one I'm currently dealing with (just reading over the lawyers notes). Homeowner poured concrete in his back yard, a 3' wide strip on 3 sides. While that may sound fine, he poured it up to the property line, and tight to the fences. All of which are in violation of City code and HOA rules. We weren't aware that he poured the concrete until three weeks later when it rained, poured actually, it was obvious that something had changed the natural drainage, as all this water was flowing into the neighbors yard. Because he changed the natural drainage, it's caused damage to the neighbor, a flower bed was washed out, and the fence is bowing/separating at the bottom, as well, part of the area he did this is along a common area fence that the HOA is responsible for. As soon as we found what was done, he was asked for a building permit and signed paperwork from the HOA.

This guy has your attitude, he told the neighbor, the HOA and the City to F*** off. The neighbor has now sued for $7,500 in damages in small claims court, the HOA is exhausted all non-legal steps and has turned it over to the Atty., she filed in court last Weds., he as served on this morning at 10 am, and the City has taken legal steps as well. The house across from him is another Board member, at 11 am, he was beating on her door, forum rules prevent me from posting what he said and called her, but suffice to say the threats were clear and obvious, and the cops were called as a result. Both City code and HOA docs. prohibit changes to the natural drainage without an engineering report, both also state concrete must be kept at least 10" from existing fence lines. But hey, why should he or anyone care if he destroys or damages someone elses property.

rank and driverdriver Thank this.
  6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    It's all in how they are managed and operated. The best way, is to be as unobtrusive as possible and to let people live their lives, you only take action when it's a serious issue. Our property manager drives the community once a week looking for violations, we have a parking company that comes through twice a month looking for vehicle violations (expired plates, inoperable, prohibited, improper parking) they tag the vehicle once, if they come back a week later and the violation is still happening, they tow the vehicle, once a month myself or another board member goes through at night checking streetlights and checking for other violations that the manager doesn't catch. Every month I review the covenant violation report, it's not uncommon for me to delete stuff and let it slide.

TallJoe, Chinatown and driverdriver Thank this.
  7. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Geez,what ever happened to just talking to your neighbors?

But hey if it works for you...

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Sounds like that was tried and they had to play tough guy and deny their responsibility.

rank Thanks this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Exactly that's what irritates the he!! Out of me is "You need to plan better for whatever" is always some brainiacs answer for hos b's if I could plan traffic there wouldn't be any dipstick

10. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    So who's to say that "damage" wouldn't have occurred anyway with the harder than usual rain event? If my neighbor caused a run-off issue into my yard, I'd rectify that problem...say with a 12" dam on my side of the fence to protect my flower bed by keeping his run-off on his property instead of flowing onto mine. That neighbor probably had a reason for doing what he did...maybe he was tired of his soil washing out under the fences. Maybe he'd like to stroll around the perimeter of his property without getting his shoes dirty. Maybe he's got an elderly mother and wants to be able to push her around the yard in her wheel chair. His property, and he can do with it as he pleases.

In my parent's subdivision, there is a neighbor who grew tired of his yard flooding every time it rained. So, he filled in his yard and now his neighbors yards flood instead. If they don't like it, they can do as he did and fill in their yard too...as is their right.

11. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    You have to watch out in many localities, they're GREEDY AND STUPID!!! REALLY THEY TRULY ARE, MANY PEOPLE ARE DUMBED DOWN TO STUCK ON STUPID TODAY!!!
    The same way you have to look out for 4 wheelers, the same way you have to look out for police, etc even other than DOT!! They look at truckers and carriers as an instant $$$$ ANY TIME AND WAY THEY CAN CATCH YOU, so they try to loot us!!! (STICK 'EM UP!!!!) For example, I am down for a few days to get some repairs, codes fixed and a DOT inspection and so I couldn't get in the shop until a later time, so I had my 5 yr old son with me (ya know a lil boy so he wants to roll with daddy right) So we just rolled around our community and saw a few friends and ate, and I took him in the truck to the park (Huge park, plenty of space, no one around) So I parked at the swings and slides so he can play...
    While there, here comes a lady county cop pulling up, I saw her out of my peripheral vision and since he needed to go to the bathroom, I said lets go to the house (10 mins away).. Him and I have been to that same park a hundred times or more and have never been bothered by a cop at all!!!! But this day since I drove the truck, here she is, just out of nowhere, trying to get some $$$$/Tickets out of nowhere!!!
    So we got up in the truck and took off, waving at the cop, whom I assume, thought I was just trying to park in the park (but with my child???), crazy type of crap you run into this new time now-a-days!!!!
    Stay up on yourself today!!!! Many Cops like Carriers make up a lot of stuff to give you tickets and make their monthly QUOTA!!!!
    Today use the apps and computers to find places to park, an gas station after hours or closed business, lots of them today, businesses after hours, abandoned places, etc are great parking lots, and Walmart, Home Depot, etc, just buy one thing you need, like a gallon of water for $2, etc, enough to park for your 10 hrs or whatever, as long as you're on private property with no issues from owners (especially late at night, cause most people don't get to work until approx. 6AM or so, so you're good for a while)
    Peace and love!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.