Well ####!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Midwest Trucker, Nov 15, 2019.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    It's times like this I hearken back to the sage words of wisdom from my mother, "Cheer up, things could get worse."

So I cheered up and... sure enough, things got worse. o_O

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The main thing is, nobody got hurt.More than just words. As far as the aggravations go, I too have had a terrible week, Bad breaks, picky Shippers, changed plans, a total financial loss, add in the mistakes I myself made, ( those really hurt) hindsight’s 20/20. So it goes. I remind myself, it’s better than being bored, with nothing to do.I feel for the Driver, even if it was his own fault, tough lesson to learn. Hope things get a little better for all our sakes. One thing for sure, it won’t be boring.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Turn that frown upside down, because when you hit rock bottom there's only one place to go, up!

A couple hard luck songs to cheer you up.

(foul language warning)

Midwest Trucker and randomname Thank this.
  6. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I was talking to my neighbor yesterday, he worked in dispatch for Roadway and then Yellow all his career. The things we were talking about were the things we both carried; accidents with drivers or dock workers hurt or even killed. We were talking about how you carry that with you, and with winter coming on, it rises to the surface.

Not sure what to do with it, other than do what I can do to keep the risks to a minimum. It feels heavy, sending a father of four young kids out on another run with snow in the forecast. There's no shot that's going to fix that.

Summers are better.

Rideandrepair and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve got an old picture, 1979, my Dad, Christmas, with a broken shoulder. He had been in a wreck on I-80 in Pa. somewhere near Snow shoe. He said when the rear pup kissed the nose of his Cab, he knew he was in trouble. Said he didn’t know such a thing was even possible!!! Ended up dangling in the air, off the edge, held by the king pin. Trailer Dolly’s dug in to the ground. Till they rescued him. We almost lost him. He joked it was all worth it, paid vacation at Christmas, with the family.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.