Went to England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by ed28560, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Gator83

Gator83 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Arkansas
    There are. I ran into them when I was driving for CRE, and my old trainer should be pushing 5 years now himself. Though, as it has been said before in this forum somewhere, CRE is only good if you end up on a dedicated fleet and a dedicated run with guaranteed miles. That's where you'll find the veterans at CRE, that's they only way they keep them happy enough to stay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I am almost under the impression that you did not like CRE...:biggrin_2559: Can you elaborate? :biggrin_2559: Really; what I want to know in why is your username CRE?:biggrin_25521:

4. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559: Bad Monkey

Oh and I'm also shocked he quit:biggrin_25521:

5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Hey CRE88,
    You said a mouthful! I'm in the same beginning stages (decision making, that is) you are and want to make all the right decisions. Actually, I won't be going to school until next summer (at a local jr college).
    I've spent many hours during the last few weeks reading The Forum and have come to some basic conclusions: 1) As you said, "I have to get my foot in the door somewhere, 2) CRE has a lot of bad press and I have to believe that the majority of it is true, 3) I don't intend to get "hooked" long term with ANY company through tuition payback or lease-purchase, and finally, 4) the first year or so out there will likely be filled with frustations, disappointments, confusion, etc., but from what I've read from the veteran drivers, hanging in there pays off sooner or later (hopefully sooner for all of us).
    If you worked for WalMart for any length of time you might find that working for CRE is a "walk in the park" by comparison. WalMart employees are some of the biggest crybabies I've ever heard. They, like all of us, should be thankful to have a job in this economy. You said you maintained a positive attitude while working there. Do the same thing wherever you go and you'll be fine. I have no experience in trucking but after 55 years of living on this planet, I've got some plain old common sense.
    Good luck to you and no matter what, BE SAFE!
    ONWB

6. mema

mema Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Los Lunas, NM
    Hi Ed,
    I've been reading your posts since the beginning, my husband is also 5th week of phase II and we are waiting on that qualcomm. You were lucky you got to take solo loads, mine had to sit the 3 1/2 days in Mich. with his trainer for hometime. Also money no different on this end. Mostley solo runs instead of team runs. Keep us posted on what happens next, because we are right there, Husband thinking of Lease and phase II trainer and me going on the truck with him. Thanks

7. mrsfuzzy

mrsfuzzy Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2007
    in eastern shore
    do not drive drunk, on drugs or without fuel - hint no. 1
    do not count on a steady paycheck - hint no. 2
    do not become an owner-operator - hint no. 3
    do not plan to send money home - hint no. 4
    do not think stories are lies - hint no. 5
    do not worry about dot exam
    unless you are a diabetic or blind - hint no. 6
    do not rely on this being a permanent job - hint no. 7
    do not go to utah without a return ticket - hint no. 8
    *good luck!

8. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    it's nice to be able to go on a few runs together from time to time. but when he has a phase 2 trainee on board you won't be able to ride along. :biggrin_25525:

9. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    come on now...think about what you just said. if cr England had to many trucks on the road why would they call people in for early upgrades ???? to put ummmm more trucks on the road ? :biggrin_25513:

10. ed28560

ed28560 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Sorry, did I say too many trucks "on the road"? Or did I say just, "too many trucks?" Maybe they had too many trucks... sitting on the lot.

Hmmm.

Anyway,I did also say that "the word is..." It's not as though I had inside information.

I do know this. They have even more trucks sitting around now that many IC's have turned theirs in and quit. That I saw with my own eyes at both Salt Lake and Burns Harbor.

By the way, for anyone upgrading out of Phase 2... don't do it at Burns Harbor, especially if you plan to lease.

11. layndretti_13

layndretti_13 Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2009
    What speed transmission is common. I have been looking at alot of shift patterns on YouTube..? Thanks in Advance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.