went to the hospital last night

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by o.m.d., Nov 16, 2010.

1. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    so the last few weeks/month i've been feeling under the weather, bit of a sore throat, really tired and grogging, having a hard time getting out of bed and such. about a week and a half ago i took a sick day, yesterday my throat got so bad i couldnt eat, i'm working all day and had nothing to eat, and very very little to drink and it was from my throat being too sore to swallow anything so i said screw it, i'm gonna go to the hospital.

was there for about 2 hours, comes back after doing blood work and tells me i've got mono. :biggrin_25510: write's me out of work for 3 days, i call my boss up as im in the hospital on my way out to tell him, leave him a voicemail. i've got 2 more sick days, so i'm kind of freaked out about losing the pay. he sends me a text a few hours later saying my routes covered, my sick days will be covered and to feel better. gotta love having a good boss, just hope this passes soon, i find myself sweating out of nowhere profusely, the next minute i feel totally fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    if you recover in 3 days you are very luckey
    when i had it--was closer to 3 months before i could get back to work----mono wipes the crap out of you --and if not looked after properly can even kill you
    dont rush it--make sure you are ok before going back to work
    good luck

4. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    yeah we'll see how im feeling, i might just not go back to work this week if i'm feeling this crappy, even so i just have to take it easy when i do which i can and i will. i've been feeling run down for a good month and a half though so maybe i've had it this whole time i dont know. just recently my throat has been hurting so bad i had enough, and that along with feeling run down i finally caved in and went. they told me 5 to 7 weeks before it'd finish passing threw.

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hope you feel better. You don't have to kiss the sheep to love them!:biggrin_2559:
    Just kidding. Mono is known as the kissing disease because that's usually how it's transmitted. You will always be a carrier now. Once over it, it can come back and you won't know it. But others can get it then.

Mono you can get over on your own, but if your upper left stomach starts hurting, you need get to the emergency room quick. In some cases the spleen swells and can burst.

Injun Thanks this.
  6. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    I've never heard of it going away in just 3 days. I hope it does for you.
    In my entire life, I've never had a paid sick day. I know I won't get any now, my boss is an a-hole :biggrin_2559:

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  7. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    hope you feel better soon

8. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    Hope you feel better I thought I had Mono once but turned out I was pregnant

trukngrl Thanks this.
  9. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    yea the doc warned me about the spleen. i'm very scared/relieved because i have been feeling run down for quite a long time, like i said over a month, just never thought it was anything. then the doc tells me i could rupture my spleen, i was like holy F man. i know i wont be better in 3 days, my boss called me today and said if i'm not feeling better then i dont have to come back to work this week so we'll see, even so they said 5 to 7 weeks before it passes, i think its at its worst right now, im glad the boss told me i can stay home but if i feel good thursday i'm gonna go in friday and saturday, he ran my route today and has a couple guys working 6 days this week to make up for me being gone so i wanna get back as quick as i can so the crew doesnt have to suffer any more then they need to.

10. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    doubtful it will but i'm hoping i'll at least be good enough to work. kind of funny, yesterday i'm feeling like total crap, i go into the office to hand in my paper work for the day and i'm thinking "man i really dont feel as bad as i did today, should i even ask them about a couple days off?, i better not, better go to the doc's first, dont wanna look like a complainer cuz i'm not". so i duck out quicker then usual, head the hospital, i wasnt really even feeling too bad, they take my temp, 98.6 on the dot, i'm sitting on a medical bed thinking to myself "theres nothing wrong with me i'm just tired and being a huge baby" they do the blood work, guy comes back in "you've got mono" i'm thinking wew, i wasnt just being a whiner, then immediately go son of a #####! lol

11. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    Man don't you hate it when that happens!!! :biggrin_25523:

lil may Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.