went to the hospital last night

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by o.m.d., Nov 16, 2010.

1. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    its also a great weight loss program--throat closed up and cant eat anyways---be prepared to drop a few lbs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    monday all day at work before i went to the hospital all i ate was cough drops, eating cough drops was just enough so i could swallow my own saliva. it was bad, i have lidocaine i mix up with water and it numbs my throat so i can eat.

4. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    just figured i'd update everyone, didnt work this week, i'm feeling much better but still pretty run down, my supervisor told me to take monday off and go to the doctors to see if i can work again (we're nervous about the spleen thing). since thursday i've improved a great deal so hopefully by monday night i'm at least able to go back to work i miss working. i dont know how people that are on welfare and dont work do it i'm so bored right now its killing me and i've been sleeping about 15 hours a night and laying down half asleep the other 9 hours. thank god for my tv dogs and girlfriend lol

5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I been on medical leave since the beginning of the month. Tell me about it. Glad you're feeling better. I been working around the house doing odd jobs. TVA let the water down on our lake. When they do that the crappie fishing is good. I'm thinking about going tomorrow. I can find things to do! Send me a check! lol

6. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Good to hear you are feeling a bit better omd
    When I had mono I was in bed 7 days didn't move much at all. And I did drop like 15lbs in 2 weeks. Make sure you at least drink to stay hydrated.

7. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    me too thanks! just went to the hospital because my throat has been killing me the last day and a half. turns out i had a bacteria infection or something, they gave me some vicodin and prednizone (I know im spelling that wrong haha). felt good to actually eat and drink. i've been pretty dehydrated i've been waking up and my mouth is literally dry, my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth, my lips bubbling because it hurts too much to swallow anything. doctors said i will be good in a few days. im glad cant wait to get back to work and be feeling normal. i think i'm pretty lucky i've been resting only since tuesday and i feel great other then the throat thing.

8. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    keep resting so you don't relapse!!

9. Jackson1604

Jackson1604 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2010
    south bend,in
    Buy your boss a beer.Sounds like a good person.

10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I heard mono can make your tally whacker shrivel up. :biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.