Werner Dedicated accounts (general dollar, family dollar etc.)

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Shanebme3, Sep 19, 2017.

1. 579pete

579pete Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2018
    i did the dg account out of scottsville ky and and the pay is around 900 aweek and if u live around there like i do i live in somerset ky and i got home around noon on saturday but i didnt have to be back at the yard till monday night yes some buisy streets backing and some tight backing but once u do them the easyer they get 3500 sign on bonus to there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    All the companies I listed hire new cdl grads. The websites are misleading.

4. Ruck

Ruck Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Pam does the dedicated for decker. They took over the old decker facility. Dutch maid runs the shuttles to Shelby and all the spotters for mtd in willard and Shelby.

5. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Really appreciate your insight into this account. I figured they were over exaggerating. I'm sure it is hard work but can't be as bad as working in the back at Walmart using a crappy pallet jack luggin those huge pallets to and fro. How many stops do you do? Can you do this account regionally? I wanted to stick to my home state or maybe three states and do this account. Spoke to a dollar general store manager the other day and they told me SNI and Werner deliver there. I was thinking of going SNI. I'm a scrawny guy but don't mind the labor. Most of the freight are small boxes anyways with the water stacks thrown in from what I've heard. I used to work at Dollar Tree.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  6. Money-Mike

Money-Mike Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2017
    My avg runs were 2-4 stops. 4000 cases per trailer. Around 36-40k pounds of random stuff.

Depending on region, it can be hit as hell in the trailers (west, SW, south) sometimes. I had a trailer getting towards the 125 mark in the nose of the trailer. It can also be cold as hell too lol.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  7. Money-Mike

Sep 27, 2017
    Didn' see the other questions.

Yes it' regional work and you are normally home on the weekends (I was home Friday night and then left again Sunday late morning or around noon.

Depending on where the distribution center is you could be home more.

8. Rocknroller4

Nov 25, 2015
    2-4 stops per day? Are you under a strict time limit to get it all done?

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Eyeball everything in a store. THAT will ALL come in via your trailer. delusions of grandeur and small boxes do not cut it.

Ive had really heavy containers fall out of my 5th wheel to fall a dozen or more feet down a embankment now and then in certain facilities just like the boss man ordered them to be dropped at.

I tell you right now no yard tractor made will be able to recover those boxes; And they are either rusting quietly to this day or recovered by rotator years later.

A deliberately engineered bad boy misbehavior bordering on outright misdemeanor on my part gets me banned, ensuring my life will improve by never being assigned those loads to those facilities ever again in this life time. I once cut a hole into a rusted exhaust parked next to the profane foreman's car. Come lunch he's in there reading the paper after struggling to get into this vehicle of his around my tightly parked tractor.

He sees me coming to fetch it and yells orders to get that POS out of his face and pretty car NAOW.

Truck fails to start (Fuel valve closed next to seat) I climb out, open hood all over his front end. He explodes and gets abusive towards me.) His car is rocking out of his anger.

I loosen two clamps leading intercooler to turbocharger, close hood. activate fuel pump fired engine up. Inky black smoke fills his pretty vehicle turning it greasy coal black and smokes him out of there on passenger side. He wants to beat me up but nauseated and orders me the hell off the property now.

Drive 10 blocks, tighten clamps patch rusted hole and proceed. Angry dispatchers detains me yelling two hours later when get back to Baltimore. Swears never again he will send my incompentant ### to his facilitiy again.

I brighten up with sunshine, big smile of happy and say THANK YOU boss man, I wuv you and proceed to my car while he scratches his head and mutters...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  10. Money-Mike

Sep 27, 2017
    2-4 per trailer. Deadlines are pretty easy.

I would leave Vegas on Sunday and head to Salt Lake. Deliver the stores on Monday starting at 5am. Be done with the stores around 2pm. And then start heading back to Stockton CA where the distribution center was. Then I would deliver another trailer somewhere close on Wednesday. Another on Thursday. Then I would take a loaded trailer home to Las Vegas. Start the whole process over again

x1Heavy and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  11. Rocknroller4

Nov 25, 2015
    x1Heavy well most Dollar Tree freight were pretty small boxes. Yes, some were pretty heavy but I think that was mostly the washing powder or liquid and water. Can't remember what else. I used to work at Dollar Tree stocking all that stuff and remember when a trucker showed up to deliver. They used rollers and he threw it down the converyor. My other option of course is to go OTR no touch drop and hook or Watkins Shepard doing their furniture/carpet deliveries.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.