Werner dollar tree account

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mbnpro, Feb 29, 2024.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That sucks dude. I'm not sure why you thought putting in your notice was going to make Werner "get their head out of their ###" as you say. Of course they didn't care when you got ready to leave. Someone will replace you in a New York minute. Sorry to say, but we are all replaceable. Never get too big of a head industry.

As for those dedicated accounts, I've looked some of those jobs in the past, it can be volatile. Sometimes it can be real good, but more often than not, I come across a lot of drivers who make 1300 prior to taxes on those accounts. It seems like you gotta stick with it a while to consistently see the big money. Seniority in a sense. You've got some experience and you live in Texas I assume, it shouldn't take you long to land on your feet. Good luck to ya.

mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Yeah, that's their welcome to Werner policy. Treat you like a newlywed on a honeymoon for 4-6wks and then, bam! Now you're put into their "drivers are a dime a dozen" list. They do play favors there. All I can say is they're a good company for a new hire straight out of school to get your foot in the door I started out of school and stayed there for 2.5yrs (I know, I'm slow) this is the company I was talking about when I posted earlier that you have to go out with two different trainers 4-6wks each one. They both have to say you can drive safely. If one says you can't then you don't have a job. For me, it was a place to get experience, as we all know this can be a tricky industry to get into. A lot of times it can amount to exactly where you live to get a job with a good carrier. Right close to major interstate roads and not a problem, my luck, I'm not near any major interstates so they were great for me being only about 300mi from Omaha. Plan was to get a job at Walmart, but 200mi from the closest WM terminal and when I applied and was approved, they said I couldn't take truck home and would get home every weekend, would have to drive my old 83 bronco back and forth, she just wouldn't have made it. And I do so hate to break down in the middle of nowhere with no cell service.
    But if a person is just starting out they're a good stepping stone, and if your female, they always looking harder to hire you!

4. justasinger

justasinger Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2024
    I am with Werner dollar tree Amsterdam New York and absolutely love my dispatch team. When I started with Werner, I was on a flex account and I can’t say the same about that dispatch team. The dispatch team makes ALL the difference in the world

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  9. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    It could be in the running but I think CR ENGLAND, WESTERN EXPRESS & Probably Celadon (saw them yesterday) beat Werner by a mile.

10. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    You may have seen an old Celadon trailer. That company ceased to exist in 2019.

Lonesome and Speedy356 Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Great place to buy produce; it's cheap and high quality.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.