Werner due to lack of options...

Discussion in 'Werner' started by BJnobear, Dec 13, 2010.

1. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well some of you have read my other posts, and everything O/O has been shot down due to lack of RECENT experience...:biggrin_2556:

Since I live in the Florida panhandle the only option I have to get back on the road is Werner. :biggrin_25521:

At least the trucks are my favorite color!:biggrin_25525: (if a tad lighter)

So this January I am headed to TDI in Milton, FL for the refresher, then Werner assuming there are no other hangups.:biggrin_25523:

My other option of becoming a Funeral Director ended when the Student Aid people told me I was not eligible. So I am out of options...:biggrin_25513:

So is there a survival guide to Werner? After I get a year or so with them, I can get on elsewhere. Any help or other assistance will be greatly appreciated.:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    good luck, i hope it all works out for you.

4. MassHole

MassHole Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    wareham, mass
    good luck with your adventure.it seems like your looking for a big otr company to get you back on the road, from what I hear werner could be one of the worst. have you considered other companys like Roehl, Swift, or maybe Shneider? might be a little better

5. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Glad to read you found a company to take you on. You just may enjoy working for them, you never know.

Congratulations!

6. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Push them to give you at least 32cpm since you've got experience. I've seen them go as high as 36cpm for guys with less time behind the wheel than you.

As soon as you have a driver ID call up driver placement and try to get on any waiting list for any dedicated account that interests you on day 1. Most waiting lists are 3-6 months long for anything worthwhile. (I think there is a target account in florida. If you want big miles, go for it)

7. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well my dad just got put in hospice at the VA hospital in Murfreesboro, TN. I have decided to move up there in the next month or two.

This should open my driving options greatly as I-40 is one of the largest freight lanes in the country.

Two words...

Later Gator!

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  8. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well my dad passed away on Dec 28th at 2130hrs. We buried him yesterday. I will be relocating to the middle Tennessee area (Davidson, Williamson or Maury Counties) in March.

9. rocknroll nik

rocknroll nik High Risk Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    can't read the sign
    Sorry to hear of your loss Bj. Condolences to you and your family. Good luck to you in Tennesee

10. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Sorry for you loss BJ. My condolences.

11. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    sorry about your loss bj
    keep the faith
    and good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.