Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Your best friend is drivers relation!! They will bring down hell to the fm if they want to

Cranky Yankee Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    What reason(s) would cause Drivers Relation to want to bring down hail to the FM?
    :smt084:smt021:smt102:smt079

4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Last time I had an issue with my fm about hometime/drill I gave them a call, within 15 minutes I received a call from my fm apologizing for the issue .

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Either schnieder or epes would be a great choice. They value their people a lot more than Werner.
    Just sayin.....:biggrin_2559:

6. pipeliner07

pipeliner07 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    WISCONSIN
    I applied at Warner back in2000 and was hired, CL was there with his show trucks for a special party with the Gov. of NE.
    I spent 2 wks. at the Ben Franklin Motel across the road from the yard waiting on a trainer, and watched drivers come & go 24/7
    The trainer I got was a PIG and dumber than rocks, he told me to meet him over at the terminal at 6:30 hell I was there at 5:00A.M. and didn't find him until 10:45 a.m. he had been playing the video games all night, gave me a key to the truck and when I opened the door and his piss bottles rolled out, I closed the door and met him coming to the truck, and told him before I get on that truck it needs to be cleaned, well at 2:40p.m. he came inside and got me I told him to get a new mattress and he did, we left and went to So. Bend,IN. Next morning I asked if he was ready to pre-trip the truck, he replied No Darling, I don't do pre-trips, so I did and told him to get his ### out of the truck, there is no oil on the stick, I left and went and showered, we left and went to Kansas City,KS. Next morning I met a couple of other Warner drivers and had coffee with them, when I returned to the truck, he made a remarked about both of them heading to their truck, This young wanna be so called trainer was just that ""( they flagged our truck, we were loaded also) A Wanna BE..........after 4 days on the road with him we returned to Omaha and I got off the truck, that dog never showered, shaved, comb his hair, changed his clothes,or bothered to bend down to tie his shoes, all the time I was driving he was in the sleeper playing video games, I wrote a 7 page letter to safety about him and sat again 2 wks. at the motel, I got another call from another trainer that he would be there thurs. but was running late, he gave me his TK.# and said he had 7 dogs & a lobster, I thought to myself I just got off a pig pen truck and now going to get into a kennel, I asked where do you keep the Lobster, Oh on the dash with the 7 dogs. he called back & said they were pulling his truck and giving him a new one, but it wasn't decal yet.
    Finally I called my recruiter and told him I didn't come to NE. to sit in a motel, that I was going home and to call me when they got their #### together, his reply was we won't pay for your bus ticket, My reply was You Don't Have To, I drove my pickup out here, They called me 4 days later, I told them I changed my mind about working for them, and found another driving job............
    I heard that Warner was sold recently........

7. phantomsdream

phantomsdream Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2012
    larned, ks
    hey corvette, i have my high school diploma. i worked for this company and let me tell you something. before you call people liers, make sure you got your facts straight. we16rner lo es running their drivers into the ground, if you find something wrong with a trailer or your truck breaks down, you are at breakdowns mercy. when they decide to get you in the shop, you will get in the shop. 16 cents a mile really dont add up to a lot when you have a family. werner claims safety is their top thing, well if it was theyd have a better csa and dot record.

8. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Werner as well as all the other companies out there would have better CSA ratings if more drivers would do their job and drive safe. There is no excuse for getting cited for defective equipment. If the driver is doing a good VI like they are supposed to and do checks when stopping for breaks, there would be a lot less violations. BTW, speeding and chargeable accidents hurt as well. So, how does a company maintain a good CSA rating? By hiring, training, and retaining good drivers. Condition of the equipment is the responsibility of the driver.

As far a breakdowns go, I've have never had an issue with the Breakdown Dept. They have always been reasonably responsive for me. They have to make calls to find a repair facility in your location that can respond to your situation. If your unit it dead then they also have to arrange for recovery as well. Sometimes it may take a little time so what are you going to do?

As far as .16 per mile, I don't know where that figure came from. Right out of training, my mileage pay along with safety pay amounted to about .29 per mile. At this point I am not convinced I could do any better with another company.

I am grateful, I have my health and I have a job. hooah

9. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    But how does a company retain good drivers?

By paying them what they are worth.

By giving them decent equipment to operate.

By treating them like human beings.

Not just Werner, but I don't see many trucking companies doing these things.

10. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Looks like Werners down to one strike.....

11. life is good

life is good Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I drove for werner 8 yrs ago and found the Walmart account in Tomah, Wi. To be pretty profitable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.