Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Well right now I'm happy as I can be with them my fm told me "good job I got a good steady load for you" I'm running loads under 200 miles light loads going back to the same shipper after every load I'm making decent money and to put the cherry on top I'm resetting at home for the past 3 weeks and I'm a northeast driver. Complaints 0 complaints about equipment.. hating that 60 days terminal bs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    There are many good smaller companies that will put you on. If you are not tied to their school contract-find a small company and stay away from the mega carriers. Look on the internet and in local papers in the cities you travel through as there are always ads for drivers with 6mo experience. I don't know if O.F. Barnes is still in business in Greenville S.C., but I worked for them and they are a family run business with easy freight (mostly paper) and run from Texas to Chicago across to Va and the southeast). I think I make 32 cents with them back in 1997 so the pay should be around 45 cents a mile. Why waste your time on 1990 pay rates with them big companies.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  4. xaxzax

xaxzax Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Lawrence, Ks.
    I've spent many happy minutes driving past Wiener World.

pattyj and pipeliner07 Thank this.
  5. FLCDL

FLCDL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Florida
    Ruckie

I cant agree with you more. We both have the same issues being with Werner. If i did not give up my truck I would be sitting in the shop for 2 or 3 days while the body shop strips the frame and repaints it to cover the rust and problems DOT looks for. I know I will be better on this new account, more miles and more pay is great.

6. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

AHAH!!!! The secret is out. Paint and bondo, eh????

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    YuP!
    That's all there is to it.
    So easy, even a caveman could do it.
    The only draw-bask is, eventually the Bondo will start to
    crack and peel. Then y'all have to be stripped completely
    and prepped for fresh Bondo and new paint. That's a swell time
    to opt for the pin-striping, --- for a more custom appearance.
    I'd stay away from the candy-apple colors and ultra metallic paint though.
    They make y'all look too young and nobody takes ya serious.
    :biggrin_25523:

8. DocFrank

DocFrank Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2012
    San Antonio TX
    I got accepted at Werner from Roadmasters. Thought it was a good company as my instructors said it was O.K.
    Boy am I ever glad I checked in here and checked them out. I'm sure every company gets panned now and then but from the amount and consistency of the stories I can't believe there isn't something there.
    Thanks to everyone for the input! You guys saved me making a terrible mistake.
    Any companies that are good and hire drivers with no road time? Please let me know

AfterShock Thanks this.
  9. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Working for Werner is like throwing darts with a blindfold on. You could end up making 900+ a week or you could end up getting 600 miles a week. Run screaming!!!!!

10. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

If you want to do the meatgrinder thing, Roehl might be good. You won't get rich, but you will get your feet wet.
    There's a dude named perpetual on here who just started with them, he has a thread on here.
    He seems happy with his choice.
    Good luck.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
    DocFrank Thanks this.
  11. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Should have told then it wasn't you, it must have been the Swift guy parked next to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.