Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. gt4902

gt4902 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2012

Wow, good to know. I have 0 experience and was seriously considering going with them. Ill continue to look elsewhere. Thanks for the info, fellow Buffalonian!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highgear

Highgear Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Baltimore,Maryland
    Im trying to find out for my brother in law, does werner have gps in their trucks? He is suppose to be selecting a date to go to oreintation in allentown,pa. Thx in advance.

4. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Why Werner? There are the second worst bottom feeder of the industry right behind CR England.

5. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Yes, Werner has Navigo in their trucks. When you are dispatched, it will give you turn by turn instructions to your locations.

6. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    I've heard some choice stories about CR England, especially from lease/purchase operators. But, your opinion is valued.

7. Clutch62810

Clutch62810 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Beautiful Buffalo N.Y.
    A true GPS? NO. thanks for the laugh tho . if you like you bro inlaw get him a truckers GPS. simple advice after 6 months get another job with a more reputable company and keep records of what loads where done they try not to pay you

8. tkpinsc

tkpinsc Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    What most of the comments about Werner don't take into account is Werner operates as if it were two companies. About haf the drivers are OTR and the other half are assigned to dedicated accounts. An overwhelming percentage of the complaints are about the OTR jobs, most of the dedicated drivers, including myself are happy. In my case I wanted a local job and was able to get assigned to one 20 minutes from my home 5 weeks after I finished training. I work for a dispatcher who's office is onsite, am kept busy and go home all but a couple nights a month. We have several million milers and one two million miler among the 20 or so drivers assigned to this location. Pay is better than OTR for folks with limited experience.

On the other hand I would have left the OTR side of the company as quick as I could unless my goal was to be a trainer, which is the only way with Werner OTR to make a decent check.

Werner like most companies depends on what you're looking for and what's available in your area.

cementandrocks Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    ok,so name a few top of the line starter companies.

10. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Schneider, Millis, Central, Prime, Watkins Shepard would all be better choices than Wiener or CR Hell.

pattyj Thanks this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ya I heard Schneider wasn't bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.