Werner is running a scam

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by EZX1100, Apr 29, 2013.

1. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    All I can say is probably 90% of you had the same type of training and are still driving today because of it. I don't agree that after 6 or 9 months you should become a trainer, but there may actually be some that would make a good trainer after that short period of time. That's hard to say.
    When a trainer allows his student to start team should be up to the trainer, after all its his life that is at stake. I've had some students that after a few days were ready for team and others that will never be ready.
    Many will voice there opinion about it but few will actually volunteer to train. Most jump into it thinking it will be an easy way to big bucks, but the reality of it all is that it takes a lot of responsibility and time to be a GOOD trainer. Many trainers will quit after a short period of time.

BigBluePeter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    There are a few of them on there, quite entertaining. There is this Canadian guy, that does vlogs of his runs he is really entertaining to watch. Of course, I'm easily amused since I don't waste my time with mainstream tv. Except for Springer, Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad...LOL
    The Canadian trucker: http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCFccdyzvTB3CU5UxR2a73Rw

this guy, buddies with little guy: http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCFccdyzvTB3CU5UxR2a73Rw

this couple: http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCoz7zZhAyiCQ6P1opmNrXUQ

I like this guy the best although he doesn't post that often. http://www.youtube.com/user/1776Filmz

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  4. The Bird

The Bird Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    White Rock, NM
    I have my students for four weeks and the last week is entirely on them (if possible). I sit in the sleeper and mess around on my laptop. I never sleep while they're driving and I'm always available for major problems but I try to make it as close to a solo trip as possible.

The only time I'm in the driver's seat is if they don't have enough time to make it to where I want to be.

5. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I just loaded with a Werner Driver in his 11th month..I felt bad for the guy and asked him if he wanted to jump in my truck and run to town for lunch.He was in total ''shock'' that drivers can do this.He was trapped at the dock for 6 hours loading before i showed up..We ran up to KFC and i ended up buying his lunch for him.He told me his whole EXP with Werner out of the PA Terminal.I just shook my head in disbelief and could not believe trucking has COME TO THIS...

People must be pretty desperate to do what he has done since the beginning with Werner.He showed me his paychecks and i almost had a heart attack.Again,i just could not believe people are willing to put up with so much abuse for a CDL..

After our lunch and talk i have came to this conclusion.Again this is my own opinion.What i noticed was the total lack of ''understanding'' the trucking business as a whole.He was clueless and only new what Werner trained him to be,a Monkee behind the wheel..His total lack of knowledge and understanding was evident in our talks.

His ''desperation'' was evident also.He had no home,no car,and nothing back home.He ''lived'' in the truck and when he does go home he stays in his brothers basement for a few days..This amazed me and had me thinking homeless trucking at it's finest.

His ''passive'' personality was shining through coupled with FEAR.I spotted this right away.He was crippled by fear and the brainwashing he recieved at Werner.He could not imagine ''confronting'' anyone in management.With his lack of Knowledge,his crippling fear and his passive approach i new this guy was what our ''new'' trucking industry Corporate Leaders wants and loves...

He finally got loaded and went on his 234 mile run for the day at .26 cents a mile:biggrin_25526:.I offered him my number and encouraged him to call me at if he wants to learn about making real money in trucking..

Werner Is Ripping People Off...

6. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    and these guys come on the forum calling O/O outlaws for not "playing by the rules", rules that are set up in favor of the megas to crush O'O's and small companies

rules that are slanted and supported by DOT and FMCSA that have been brainwashed into these newbies, and some old heads

that if you sleep only 8hrs, you are an outlaw, but if you drive slowly to your shipper before your 10hrs, you are compliant
    that a team driver bouncing around for 10hrs is more rested than a solo who sleeps for 7

that driving 65mph is the fastest ANY truck should ever go and everyone else is a danger to the road

too many men are not men, but sheep

7. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Yeah. I never heard about the guy. I searched for him and what do you know? The rookie trainer called me out....I lol'd

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    What surprises me is that any of this is news to you.

Ghost Ryder Thanks this.
  9. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    This is the issue with virtually every bottom feeder. No one is desperate enough to drive for big blue more than 2 years.

10. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm sure you're right. But it's debatable how good a driver will become just by "local" training. I gotta say, being OTR night and day for weeks on end, seeing all kinds of traffic, road, and weather conditions, backing into bays where it would be a challenge for a day cab, ALL of this has made be a decent driver-- in quick time. Knowing what I know now, if I had the chance to go local straight out of CDL school, with "local training", and going OTR with a trainer and then solo, I would still opt to go the OTR route. There's a legitimate reason why many local companies say "1 year OTR experience required."

And yeah, I enjoy the scenery. :biggrin_25525:

11. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Vito , you will not only see more various and more challenging scenarios driving locally , you will come into contact with tons more drivers , tons more tough driving situations in a week than you would in a month of OTR...think about it...you load a load , drive the 500 or so miles to get to the customer, all the while you are, for the most part on a 4 to sometimes 6 lane interstate hwy. A "local" type driver will drive in the same weather conditions that the OTR guy will....but the local guy will be driving on city streets, country roads , and delivering into places that sometimes a "road" driver can't even get into , they must drop their trailer and let a switcher dock the trailer....local vs OTR will never be the same..2 entirely different animals , just as different in most aspects as white is to black...one is just as important as the other because there can't be one without the other...Once you get more experience than your 0-1 year you'll understand..not dis-respecting your view , not at all...you just haven't experienced the real difference between the 2 jobs yet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.