Werner - role model for a bad company

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by zwire315, Apr 12, 2009.

1. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I have been commenting on the post, if you will read your comment again and also mine you will see that I was responding to your comment. I will not argue with you nor will I allow you to bait me with your "move along" comment. But... if the moderator thinks I should,I will. I have far more experience with, and a lot more information than you do about Werner at this point. That is the only reason I am responding to the posts. I am truly sorry you are unhappy but please don't take it out on me. Thanks and take care.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    You were "tricked" into it because you apparently didnt "ask" your recruiter about it.

4. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just cant understand why to this day they're still hiring and training hundreds of students every month only to give them a completed certificate and send them home without pay or even a job after 2 mos of training. Is it about the 3k per student tax credit? or something else i'm missing?

Since you have so much experience and info about Werner, can you justify this so we all can understand.. please? I just might feel better if you could.

5. ordinaryguy

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    Instead of a cheese sandwich, you should have fixed yourself a Waahburger and an order of French cries, you've got 6 months experience, you can get another OTR job with that kinda experience.

6. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Funny..I expected that, its so typical... Now, ... answer the question.

7. ordinaryguy

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    and it's so typical for newbies to come on here ranting and raving claiming they have been "lied" to...you could also switch to 48 state and take per diem pay, ever thought about that? or get something dedicated?

8. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I care less about me than all of students applying for Werner at the moment.

Answer the question man, please.... Here, ill even repost it again for you...

"Just cant understand why to this day why Werner is still hiring and training hundreds of students every month only to give them a completed certificate and send them home without pay or even a job after 2 mos of training. Is it about the 3k per student tax credit? or something else i'm missing?"

9. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    To be a trucker or not to be a trucker is the question.. Right now with the economy so bad, companies have drivers by the gonads.. Just be happy you have a job.. Sure you might not like what they told you, that is understandable, next time you look for a job and they promise you the sun, moon, and even the sky, get it in writing, if they dance around that request, then move on.. You must do your home work, in this industry like no other.. When you think you have found what your looking for, then is the time to move on.. If you hop from one company to the other, others will look at you as a short timer, and will not want to invest the time money, benefits on you..

No company is perfect, if all their drivers were unhappy, then they would not be in business..There are thousands of drivers with perfect driving records, many yr of experience who are looking for work now.. Just shut they mouth, do your best, and learn from experience..

10. ordinaryguy

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN

It isnt that way with all of the students, it depends on where the freight is located at.....if they can get you home, I cant answer a question like that since i am not a recruiter, i am a driver, and i am proud of who i drive for, there's good days and bad days, but it's all part of the job. This isnt the best time though for someone to start a career in this job. Im glad i haul beer, because everyone will drink beer no matter how bad the economy is heh

doubledragon5 and zwire315 Thank this.
  11. zwire315

zwire315 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    LOL, beer runs!!

Well, like I said, i'm one of the lucky ones who got a truck, the truck assignment delays were just starting when I graduated.. and now I am feeling peace with the road and I enjoy what I do tremendously. I can see myself rollin' until retirement and I know things get better for me with experience.

I take showers, wear clean clothes, keep my truck spotless, and am a safe, curteous, and legal driver. I have pride in myself and what I do, always have. One thing that's important in my life is that I have pride in the company I work for.

Like I said before, you got a creamy position.. sure, your happy... your making money.... Screw everyone else, right? Take care of yourself... Things were great 3 years ago, weren't they? Hell, your just a dedicated guy with a dedicated run. I bet there's not enough "O's" in the word "SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH" that describes how easy your job is with Werner.

Things are bad now, especially for us newbies, we all know that. I just don't care for companies who use these times to take advantage of people. Like she said above, they got us new drivers by the gonads right now, im not happy about that. Ever since I switched from 48 state to Regional, my miles have doubled. I get 2500 miles or more per week now, but at .21cpm. How can anyone have any pride in that?? Sure, ill stick it out with Werner until times get better, but I am watching what's going on out there.. and listening to other drivers.. I think this industry really needs an overhaul, and its unfortunate no politition will touch it with a 10 foot pole in this economy... and because of that these companies are getting away with alot of greedy, unethical, and abusive practices. It's becoming the norm.

I Just dont like all the deception and what they're doing with the new students right now. I'ts truely shameful, and this forum is meant to let people know whats going on, so there you go.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.