Werner/School

Discussion in 'Werner' started by MountainBud, Feb 9, 2009.

1. MountainBud

MountainBud Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Quarryville,PA
    does werner work with any truck driver school? i live in Pa and interested in earning my cdl a. since i rode in my uncles pete when i was a boy. he was an o/o and when they changed the law that u need a cdl to drive. he quit, didn` t want to go back to school. i have put earning my cdl off cause i wanted to wait till my daughter grad. from high school, 2009. now, it` s my turn to go to school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I ma thinking they have there own school.

4. MountainBud

Jan 14, 2009
    Quarryville,PA
    i haven` t seen anything on their website about them having a school.

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    You are correct. Werner does not have it's own school.

You'd have to check out the schools in you area and see who they hire out of, or check with Werner to see if there are any specific schools they prefer.

6. MountainBud

Jan 14, 2009
    Quarryville,PA
    i found a school around me. called sage school. i got laid off jan. 2009 and maybe i can quailfy for what they call workforce investment act or wia. i think that i will check into it. i didn` t think werner had a school.

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    There are a couple of threads here on Sage. Use the search feature at the top to find them. Just make sure it is set to search threads!

8. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    I'm pretty sure Werner has a 3rd party school they contract with though. A lot of people were complaining about it when they'd pull funding or some such nonsense.

9. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Werner has a lot of different schools that they get drivers from. You might give them a call and ask about the school that you are about to enroll in. I dont think that Werner pulled any funding. They might have a tutition reimbursement, another thing to ask about. A lot of people were funded thru county and states and funding got pulled when the economy fell.

10. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Enroll in a school in your area, and apply to Werner right away. They'll ask your expected graduation date, and you can schedule orientation after that. They also have a tuition reimbursement program for new hires provided they're the first company you go to work for out of school. Good luck!

11. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    yea i called werner cause they are the only ones who are willing to work around my military drills, they found a local school for me, and also i can get my gi bill benefits with them. The recruiter i spoke with was very helpful.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.