WERNER, this kind of rip off cant be legal

Discussion in 'Werner' started by bloodyknuckles, Feb 3, 2008.

1. 4mrNuB

4mrNuB Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    "does anyone have any good ideas of what i could put on the application when i fill one out. thx everyone."

Let go involuntarily.

Then if they want to know why, they will ask ask.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    They let you go for one late load???? Even for Werner that doesnt seem quite right, but not to shoot you down but since you were fired from your last trucking job MOST but NOT all of the larger companies will touch you now till you get back into a truck for 6 months and then reapply, unfortunatly I was fired from a company and have luckily enough found a company who will take me on but not sure if it will become a problem later that I was terminated. These places dont care why you terminated they only care that you were terminated, if a company will pre-hire you knowing that you were terminated then you should be ok but finding that company will be difficult.

4. WofT

WofT Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    I think Werner may be ditching drivers - especially if the driver is closing in on to a pay raise, bonus, and/or added benefits. - for reasons that they wouldn't use in a better economy.

The reasons my husband was given were: 1) two late loads in July (he was canned in November), 2) too-high idling time (it wasn't all that high; and his truck didn't have the generator to run ac or heat w/o idling), 3) "low production" (well, his truck was in for repairs on an average of about every 2-3 weeks, and there were two serious problems that never were fixed even though each had been worked on four times in the past several months). And yes, he was closing in on the one year mark there when fired.

He worked his behind off for Werner. And in the last few months we'd seen his paycheck drop to typically $300-$450 a week. He'd be sitting places 2, even 3 days without a load.

Those who are doing dedicated routes for Werner seem to have a better experience than the general OTR folks.

Based on our experience, my opinion is that this was one of the most poorly-run companies I've ever been acquainted with. The right hand never seemed to know what the left hand was doing (and this was the company that installed Qualcom, you'd think they'd look at other ways of improving efficient communication). On the nights and weekends it was nearly impossible to contact someone in dispatch. The terminal repair shops were woefully inefficient and ineffective at truly fixing problems.

My husband's dispatcher wasn't horrible, but overall it seemed like most people at the company, the last thing they cared about were the drivers (there was one clear exception to that - an employee at one of the terminals that truly tried to help my husband resolve a problem).

Drivers are the ones doing the "legwork" that keeps the company moving, and they shouldn't be treated like they are lower than dirt just because they're out on the road and the person dealing with them is in a nice warm cubicle. A little goodwill goes a long way.

I work in a "service department" in a company and we are supposed to regard those we work with in the company as an "internal customer." IOW - you treat others in a manner that you would want to be treated as a customer of a company. I wonder now if anyone at Werner has ever heard of the concept.

5. BullDawg31

BullDawg31 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl
    If I were dispatch and had to listen to your whining I would not give you good loads either. Maybe you would do better if you did not cry so much. Man up

6. J60608

J60608 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    Chicago

3 years at $250 for $9000.00 ?? Did you mean 1 year ?

Is there a TDI in Illinois ? Can't find any contact info on them.

Thanks

7. Tewksey

Tewksey Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Rochester hill,mi
    Sorry bloodynuckles about your luck but this is what I dont get ? I've read proubly a hundred of these slam werner post about no miles no pay.Well I also never got less than 2500 miles a week running 48 never waited for a load more than 2 hrs and actualy bent over backwards to get me home not once twice told me call when Im ready to GO!I got put on a Wal Mart dedicated and Im home 2 days a week now making great money 1200$ most weeks.To me they 've been a great company I think if you do it right you'll be ok if you do it wrong you'll ##### like all these guys be on time and early for your deliverys.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.