Werner Tractors ???

Discussion in 'Werner' started by lynryd, Jun 10, 2009.

1. lynryd

lynryd Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Hey yall, is it me or are most Werner tractors in questionable shape?:biggrin_2552:
    I have seen many parked and on the road and i tell ya, they are usually filthy dirty, bent up and scratched........ bumpers, pipes, paint, mirrors, wheels.....etc.

Its a shame too, I sure wouldnt mind drivin a Pete right off the bat:biggrin_255:, but their rides look pretty ragged.:biggrin_25512:

How bout it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    I think you answered your own question.:biggrin_25525:

4. lynryd

lynryd Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Well whats up with that, don't they fix stuff or require some cleaning or somethin?

Surely there are some decent ones out there.
    Right?:biggrin_2554: lol.

5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Werner has about 8,000 tractors, give or take at any given time. How many have you seen that were beat up? As for dirty where were you, what were the weather conditions and what time of the year was it? It could be that you became aware of their tractors and it seems as though there are a lot of them with cosmetic problems. Not saying that you're wrong but a company with almost 10,000 trucks is bound to have some that should have attention.:biggrin_25525:

6. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    One day for kicks I decided for what reason I still dont know. to see how many Werner trucks I passed that day had front bumpers that werent bent....I passed 24 in an eight hour time frame 20 of them had bent front bumpers the other four had fiberglass bumpers withs holes in them...I am just saying...Werener is a driver mill company and it shows on thier rides.

7. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    They sure do make them straight and shiny when selling time comes though.

8. Bushman

Bushman Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2009
    East of the Walbash
    How well one maintains a unit depends on the time frame of ownership.
    Werner Trucking is a pofitable transportation outfit. Same as the rest of good business..Big transportion trades out close to when the warranty is void.
    You want to witness the most fabulous truck repar facilluty in the world? Take the I80/Hwy50 exit and chek out Werners place. Lynyrd is a simple man to start this thread..Once past the gaurd shack units ate pulled over saftey lane pits and so forth..24-7..there is important repairs happening.
    I run 4 Werner 4 years.
    Ya'll,,Just small tater's, poking fun at the big playerz$..in my book.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFPaxK-q5gI

luvtheroad and 73 FJ40 Thank this.
  9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    From what I have seen, Werner lets the dents and scratches go, and patches the big bumps. They know it will happen again, so why spend the money. They really fix them up to sell, and get top dollar for it. They also spec the trucks to where most O/Os wouldn't mind having them.

Whatever you think of the company and their policies, the way they do this is smart business.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  10. Bushman

Bushman Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2009
    East of the Walbash
    When I ask for thangs the parts folks would ask me: who is UR distpatcher, and after Moose died & Rob Warrior..I anwsered Jim Werner.
    Werner is the best #### big player outfit in there entire world !
    Think differnt..Cowboy-Up !
    Ya'll,,Just small tater's, poking fun at the big playerz$..in my book.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  11. lynryd

lynryd Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Well, I have seen a bunch of bent up Werner.... I guess you just notice that more than the ones that are not. but i have been lookin for nice ones, they must be hiding, lol.

Swifty is a big outfit, you dont see near that many busted & bent Volvos rollin around...........

just a simple observation.:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.