Werner_ How they treat their Drivers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by OrionMace, Nov 25, 2009.

1. OrionMace

OrionMace Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I am a paralegal by trade and understand what you are saying, but I live in Illinois and the court is in Lexington VA.
    By that point i will no l,onger be working for Werner, I have two locals wanting me, so I just want to do what is right and have the fine paid and hopefully the points not given.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. david07003

david07003 Light Load Member

Paralegal, so then you know. But I recommend going there. It would be gas, and a motel room and whatever you decide to pay the attorney, on top of the cost of the ticket. Might be worth it if you can cut down the points.

4. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Needless to say I read the threads about Werner and have posted many many times. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't. I pretty much look for fact. I do have one observation though. I read and read and read about how much so many hate Werner. Post after post. But, I never ever read one that says I hated Werner so much I quit. Does anyone call and resign, turn the truck in and go their own ways or do they just continue to be unhappy and complain on here?

5. Haole

Haole Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Texas
    I was so unhappy with Werner I quit. In fact, I quit with no other job lined up I hated them so much.

david07003 and luvtheroad Thank this.
  6. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Don't relie on there being a "line" of lawyers at the court house! Go ahead and just Google lawyers in the town or use yellow book! Pick a few then call and decide! You won't even have to show up! The lawyer will do everything needed and even pay the fine and either bill or have you pre pay. But you need to get a move on!

7. OrionMace

OrionMace Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions about the lawyers.
    Here is new one happening as I write this. Went out to do Pre-Trip inspection this morning and smelled diesel, it was single digits last night and I plugged in the engine block warmer, after doing my walk around I spotted diesel fuel all over my driveway, I then started my tractor, at which point my wife began yelling at me to turn it off, diesel was flowing out out the engine block area like a river down my driveway. I live in a dead zone for QComm so I followed procedure ans contacted my dispatcher, who was pissy to say the least to have him generate a Qcom 24 for repairs, that was over 3.5 hours ago. In this instance i followed instructions and was told to wait for a call. After all Repair must generate the call, the work order and the pickup of the tractor to a repair facility. Seems that I can't get a break, old equipment and now this. I am not working and now jeopardizing my Christmas break time off. Beginning to get reallyt po'ed at this company.
    I have taken the time, however to contact locals today and am getting apps off to them via electronics, actually right before I wrote this. I need to get away from this company where they treat us like sheep and cattle. Point in a direction and just go, WERNER CARES, if I wasn't an optomist I say they are trying, but after the past few days and months, CATTLE CALL.:biggrin_25513:

8. LostSoulCA

LostSoulCA Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Visalia, CA
    You will without a doubt appreciate this, "No load is worth a life. We Care, Werner Cares." This QComm message is transmitted a gazillion times a day to drivers across this great nation. The dispatchers never get it or choose to ignore it. While I was in training, I used it as a tag line on the Qcomm on messages to my dispatcher. My real feelings are in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bci46VdKkII

9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I dont have time to watch the vid right now, but im just wondering why you have earphones in on the preview...?

I've had a few times where I was too tired to drive but had hours left. Never been yelled at for it. You just have to communicate it over the qualcom, and dont even think about calling them to tell them. As long as its on the qualcom, they legally have to deal with it....even if you're full of crap and just dont feel like driving.

Orion Mace, I feel like this was probably an easy fix. But I obviously wasn't there. Did you see if it was? I don't mind working on company equipment if i know what i'm doing and it saves me time. And atleast at werner, i'm welcome to do it and will be reimbursed for parts. Honestly sounds like a cracked fuel filter or filter dome from frozen water...and you should have a filter wrench, and probably live near a truckstop or shop. FYI, tow bills are around $250 for hookup, $50 to disconnect driveshaft, and $10 per loaded mile for a tractor/trailer, dont know about milage on tractor only..

10. A512

A512 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2009
    nunya
    You cant quit unless everyone does at once.

11. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    Generally with most bottom feeders they will try to get you to quit, even if you are told you are fired -on the DAC it will say you quit = try to get out of paying unemployment.

That is one of the core principles of bottom-feeder trucking companies -even above the safety mantra. =keep the fleet at the lowest cpm possible (26cpm Werner etc)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.