west coast swiftys

Discussion in 'Swift' started by koncrete cowboy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    I honestly belive the rank system is sorta good buddy system. And dm or FM can make some one platinum. Because if the people you started with 9 months ago or about that time are plat, then its wrong. You need 108,000 if otr and that means they getting about 12k a month to get platinum all ready. I ask my fm how the calculated it because its not done by Thursday to Wednesday. And she don't know

DocWatson Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    My DM says he's working on it and he's been fair and pretty accurate so far. I guess his influence is somewhat limited to the loads I am offered based on where I am at a given time but it does frustrate me to know those friends are platinum. They however all drive out of the Oregon or Idaho terminals and I'm out of Sumner. Shouldn't make a difference though.

I figured if I kept my nose clean and worked hard that I would get it by now. No accidents, no tickets, no lates etc. Granted I'm only a year in but I could be doing worse. Reward those that get the job done and keep Swift profitable and their record clean.

If it doesn't change in a few months I'm switching terminal and will keep moving around until my goals can be met.

4. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    I drive a Volvo got it when it had 26 miles on it. It has 211,036 on it now it does not use any oil at all I have seen diamond drivers with kw,Volvo, prostars well it had a diamond on the side. But hey I get attached to my trucks I know the in and outs of this one. Plus I hate swapping out trucks, you just don't know how much crap you have until you move. LOL but my favorite truck was my FLD was my 1st truck with swift god that truck could pull i belive it was a 2001.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    From what I can tell the ranking system is based on a mileage trending system. If you are not trending to hit that certain mileage for the year then you don't move up in status. So basically if my trending mileage is down I have to play catch up in a bad way.

6. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I like mac 30....but I learned the hard way once i pick one I gotta live with it....l

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.