West Motor Freight -- SlumLord brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by KB3MMX, Oct 7, 2018.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Makes sense... Evans is another Trash company.... Bottom feeders..

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    iI would love to know how they keep growing though. It seems every time I turn around Evans is acquiring another company.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I am with great wide after they took over us one of the change they made I don't like it and most of the agent also don't, the new thing know is for your detention pay and layover pay they are taking there cut, stop off pay they are taking a piece of it, for know the only thing they are not touching is driver on load and trap give them time on they will figure out a way to get it next, know as far as money goes I do very well, I pull mostly p/o and broker load's,

5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    What makes them think they're entitled to any piece of detention at all? Same goes with the fuel surcharge. So no you'll probably be getting $50 or under an hour. That's sad. If you stay with them, you'll get whatever you deserve my friend.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Most of the big ones have a line of credit that allows them to use up to so much and then only pay very little per month, but when it's time to start paying it back in a larger amount they then sell one of the companies that they buy, but get to keep the money that they made, know if the company have good account they keep the account,

KB3MMX and DSK333 Thank this.
  7. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Brother why are you still with a scum company like that? There's better places that aren't bottom feeder doing nonsense like that.

I have to see companies like that getting supported. It keeps the dirty ones alive to cheat more people.

8. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    They feed off ignorance and make a bunch of money. If we can help people educate people to get away from those trash, bottom feeding companies, everyone will benefit.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  9. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Before they buy us it was much different, but as we all know there is all ways new owners, they own us for know but for how long not sure, it's not a big deal working for great wide and not much have changed, but time will tell, I stay here because no one push you around about what you do, I can do what ever I want go home are go were ever I want to go, plus I make good money, if I was not able to make the money I make I would have moved on, but when you can gross over 275,000 plus per year it's hard to just leave because of one are two things you don't like,

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I'm not trying to downplay your numbers but gross means absolutely nothing. It's how much you get to keep that matters.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  11. Bigrayon

Aug 16, 2015
    Lol means nothing that is very funny, but on average 50% of your gross is your then tax,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.