Western dist. Trans. Corp.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jayshawn89, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    I have not heard anything about this company. I do know that have those blue Pete's and Kw's with 550 CAts and 18sps and painted trailers

Has anyone ever heard of Them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

yup

nicely spec'd trucks.......ive looked at a few of them

dont know much about the trans side....i hear governed and low pay
    but i do know for sure deano is really proud of them trucks!

4. Jayshawn89

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    they do have some really nice trucks for some reason they just catch your eye

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Ever heard of Monfort of Colorado? Ever heard of the Monfort lane? Monfort was a carrier from the "old" days, meat hauler, fast trucks, Kenworths. Truck were so fast, the fast lane was nicknamed the "Monfort Lane" for years. Somewhere along the line, Monfort either sold out, folded up, or I'm not sure, but, Western Distributing was born and is somehow partnered up with Monfort's authority or management or owner. I don't have every little detail. But, dang, those trucks are purty!

Jayshawn89 Thanks this.
  6. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

Western has been around long before Monfort went away....Two entirerly different companies.
    Monfort was a meat hauling outfit and Western Distribution originated as a beer hauler and has since branched out to haul other commodities.

This is from their website:

"As the original Coors distributor, Western was off to a great start. Leadership of the company was passed down through the family and with each generation the company grew. Presently, Vieri Gaines, Guido’s grandson, is the President and Chief Executive Officer. Back in 1977, V Gaines, CEO, decided that he wanted control of the delivery of his liquor, wine, and beer which he ordered and wholesaled.
    He purchased 6 brand new Peterbilts of the prettiest blue, highest horsepower, and the with the most driver luxuries. These were the best of the best along with the trailers he bought to match the trucks. Next he hired 6 of the best drivers, team and solo. He paid them not by the mile but by a weekly salary. Their job was to pick up the orders and bring them back to the warehouse as quickly as possible. He maintained a low inventory to keep his costs down. Then one day V decided to load some beans on an outbound truck that usually went out empty and was amazed that the truck actually became a profit center versus a cost center. From there Gaines grew the business by starting to haul meat, beer, and produce out of town and haul his liquor back into town."

7. Northernblue

Northernblue Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Left Coast
    I just recently left Western to come home because of family issues. No they dont pay alot, but I really enjoyed working there. Good loads, lots of produce out of Ca, top of the line equipment. There wasnt much waiting or layovers if any that I can remember. Folks in the office were easy to work with. They had the Coors gig but lost that due to a dissagreement, but we just kept on truckin like it never happened. Like I said, I enjoyed being there and plan on going back when I get my home issues worked out. But I have to tell ya, they are hard to get on with

Jayshawn89 Thanks this.
  8. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I heard the same about the pay, but I know of at least one of their Petes that isn't governed no idea on the rest of the fleet.......we covered some ground !! LOL

9. Northernblue

Northernblue Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Left Coast
    The truck are governed at 72-73, and you know what? Thats plenty fast. Im a geezer and we used to run like the wind when I was younger and the law was less interested in us. I was staying around 725 per day as long as I was out of Calif with Western. I probably just need to shut up, but I dont have anything bad to say about them

Jayshawn89 Thanks this.
  10. Jayshawn89

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    i didnt know that. and thats kinda kool the "Monfort Lane"

thans for the info

11. Jayshawn89

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    i didnt know that. so what happened to monfort?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.