Western Ex are a bunch of crooks!!!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by 1forthe$$$, Aug 6, 2013.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Now I am curious......what did you do...to make them tell you ...to pull the truck over and park it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1forthe$$$

1forthe$$$ Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I resigned from the comp.

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

This is not my first rodeo But likely will be your FIRST truck abandoment on your DAC , and as other have asked where the heck did you ditch their truck that they cannot find it ?

5. morr2fab

morr2fab Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Well, It seems you have a message to pull the truck over but nothing about getting your pay. Your sign on bonus is gone and like someone wrote earlier, The recovery cost will likely come out of your last pay check, little you can do about that. I’d be more worried what they put in the DAC report.

6. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va

Could be just the way I read it but you say to pull the truck over and call your DM in the morning.Did you ever figure he may have told you to drive it to a safe haven nearby and get you to a bus stop?Maybe send a team to come get it?They could have made arrangements with you but you seemed to act hastily.Your last pay and sign on on bonus is gone.You're now paying for a recovery.

Most companies will route you back to a terminal or yard after receiving your resignation.I think there is more to the story then what your telling.Not that truck drivers ever do anything wrong or leave out a tidbit of information.

KingTrucker and Marlin46 Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You'll just have to wait it out till the trk is returned to the terminal.Human resourses won't do anything in your favor.You have proof someone told you to leave the trk where its at,so then call your company and give them the name.You may have it in writing but its your writing so that wont do any good.Soyou resigned and was told to leave the trk where its at? I can only give my speculation because I wasn't there,what exactly happen to upset Western?Why would they say to leave it there?Did you fail their random drug test,did you have an accident?

8. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    You "will" be charged for a recovery, since you did not take it to a yard and turn it in and have it/equipment inspected, and then get signed paperwork stating that all is in good condition. If you remember your orientation, you were told that if these steps were not taken, you would get charged for a recovery.
    I would say that you need to work "FAST" on getting another job, before you DAC has the new report on it, once that happens.............your choices will be very slim.
    I don't think a prospective new employer will think to much of the text message you show them to tell your side of the story.
    Not trying to be hard on you, and I hope things work out. But in the future, take whomever's truck/equipment back to them. Good luck

(BTW, where is/was the truck?)

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So why did you resign right then and there?Why didn't you just wait till you get back to the terminal.What did Western do to make you resign?Abandonment is the least of your worries so you say,you may think twice about that if its on your dac..I do know an excellent trucking lawyer but you need to tell us the entire story and the truth before I give you his name so I can see if this is worth fighting.

10. KingTrucker

KingTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Just be glad yo dont have to put up with they're (Sugar Honey Ice Tea) anymore! I cant wait until March!.

11. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Wow really looking forward to seeing the outcome.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.