Western Express Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dogg478_1902, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jblack215

Jblack215 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I went thru training in 2016. Does this still apply?

2. Jblack215

Jblack215 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2018
    LOL

3. Jblack215

Jblack215 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I trained in 2016. Does this still apply?

4. Jmackeown3

Jmackeown3 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2019
    Ok, I dont know if this is part of your current class action suit but my problem ( along with thousands of other Western Express recruits) is that they make you sign a " contract" for 6-9 months with them or you have to pay them $2500 "fine". Even if you dont make it past the month in the truck with a trainer ( he/she fails you) and go home, rather than sit around for a month +/- waiting for another trainer. They dont pay you while you're waiting, only for the motel room and 2 subway cards a day ( total of $16). If you dont eat the subway everyday because you're sick of it, then you have to fend for yourself and go broke while you wait. I want to emphasize that this $2500 fine they try to impose is EXACTLY the gross amount I received as training pay $500 /week. So, essentially, they want me to give back my paychecks and I would end up having worked for free. I'm pretty sure that's not legal and may border on slavery or violate some federal labor law(s)??. If the average orientation class is 30 people and 15 wash out that's $37500 per week they are scamming new drivers out of. I believe that is exactly what this "contract" is: a scam that traps new drivers into working for Western Express for at least 6-9 months.

5. Ebrown

Ebrown Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2019
    Has anyone received there lump sum settlement from this Western express lawsuit. I would love to hear your feedback.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.