Western Express what a Joke

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by goose617, Jul 12, 2011.

1. KRAKAJACKJONSON

KRAKAJACKJONSON Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Clemmons NC
    ok sorry still don't know my way around this stuff yet, like if Iam on page 56 of a really good thread, and then want to get out of it I have noticed that even if I click on page 1 and then hit the back button it still puts me on like page 55 again ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mistwig

mistwig Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    western express is less than a joke. never ever go on a truck recovery for them..... you will LOSE money. the 1st on we did, well, there was no truck. the next one i went to get was in a tow yard somewhere out past victoville. the truck had been used on city runs in los angeles. OMG! and can you say OMG! i first took that truck to a truck wash. lets just say that truck would never be white again. the engine was so gunked over it was awful. then on to the freightliner dealer. that was a week of waiting just to find out the shop manager wouldnt authorize the work that needed to be done just so i could legally get it back to nashville. after threatening a dot inspection done by the dot the work was finally done. but just enough to get it there.
    ok so we are now talking 2 and a half weeks later i finally got to nashville, delivered the load and went to the yard. at a pay that was supposed to be $100 per day, i made only the money from the load i ran from san juan capistrano california to nashville tennessee. i got nothing, not even a kiss my tushie. 3 days later, me and my hubby were gone from that ummmmmm yea ok, company

4. Trudger

Trudger Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    THEY ARE a JOKE. I work for 'em...I know! Just trying to figure out how to get out from under them without hurting my family even more than they have.

5. jahdeeka

jahdeeka Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    I would have insured I was going to get paid for waiting. I would have proudly brought the equipment back just as a matter of principle.

6. jazzleader

jazzleader Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I hope U were able 2 get another job since U post this a year ago? Nobody's heard fm U in a while unless U were able 2 hookup w/a local company.....Abandoning a truck esp 1 fm Western they'll hv it posted on their QualComm/PeopleNet on board truck msgs as stolen & hold it over your head!!
    I know I'm going thru the same crap U went thru...only w/flatbed but U can't let em make U stoop to their insidious level...U don't know what's going 2 happen in a few wks if I get screwed on this wk's ck.......They'll wish I abandoned my truck when I get thru ......Hope 2 hear fm U soon!!

7. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    Good 4 U at least U don't hv a abandoned truck on your DAC they can't say a thang that they use against U 2!!!!

8. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    This is the smart way 2 say bye bye 2 Western!!!!

9. goose617

goose617 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2011
    naples fl
    I was working a week later . I went back to auto transport 6 months ago I purchased my truck and I'm looking at a second with in the next 6 months to a year . I will never work for another #### company that treats employees like #### . Good luck to you and to all the drivers out there that have enough common sense to realize these big carriers don't give a crap about their drivers .

10. jazzleader

Sep 14, 2012
    Glad 2 hear Ur doing well goose617, ur lucky!!!! Trudger just find another job like I'm in the progress of doing, After what they put me thru in da West Coast on a flatbed...This is it!!!! U need 2 leave now!!!!

11. ricecakeftw

ricecakeftw Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I concur.....Do that to one company, when they call to verify employment, that skeleton will fall out the closet. Way to go turbo...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.