Western Flyer Express starting of a new adventure

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cookie931, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Butter bean

Butter bean Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2019
    And smart guy that should they are, not " there " !!!!! Learn how to make a complete sentence before you try to be a smart a_ _!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I gave you facts.
    You'll end up broke too.
    Just another fleece failure for us to laugh at.

4. roadgoddess

roadgoddess Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Middle America
    Listen. Lease is not easy. It takes diligence. Perseverance. Using your brain more than your brawn. Many will fail. Some do succeed. There will be awesome pay weeks. There will be ####ty pay weeks. Be smart and have a plan in place for the ####ty pay weeks (usually from going home).

Don't spend all your money when you get it. Save, save, save. Learn to cook in your truck to save money. Carry enough clothes to make it till you get home to wash instead of paying $5 for a small load of laundry. Stay on top of your maintenance. Nip a problem in the bud before it becomes an emergency. Emergencies always cost more.

Keep track of every dollar you spend...Always know where it's going. Have a separate spending account that is just for your survival and decide how much you are going to allow yourself to spend weekly. Don't go over that amount. Don't go crazy tricking out your truck. You can do that after it's fully yours. Learn to play the fuel game. You don't have to fill it every time. Get what you NEED to finish that load.

Play the game smart. There's no guarantee you will succeed. But if you play it stupid you're guaranteed to lose.

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Wouldn't wanna break the bank spending $5 on a load of laundry...

Anyone who signs a fleece purchase contract has already played it stupid, wouldn't you say?

D.Tibbitt, jinxutoo, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  6. roadgoddess

roadgoddess Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Middle America
    Breaking the bank in a load of laundry is not the point. I did the same as a company driver. Carried enough until I could get home to do laundry. It doesn't bother me one Iota you think I'm stupid. I've seen plenty of stupid company drivers too. Leasing your running a business and you gotta treat it like a business. And 80% of new businesses fail in the first year regardless of what kind of business it is. Starting a business is always a crapshoot and the odds are always pushing against you. But there's never any chance to succeed if your not willing to risk falling.

Hillbilly hauler and Richtaco Thank this.
  7. Butter bean

Apr 9, 2019
    You're absolutely right road

8. Butter bean

Apr 9, 2019
    You're absolutely right roadgoddess, I've completed a lease that was really bad years ago. Had heart attack a year later, and sold the truck. I really don't pay attention to the blog super truckers that are always negative because they're scared or can't do it themselves. You know all talk and no show. So thanks for your advice.

9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    You know, there might be a reason why someone has that negative opinion. The lease purchase thing allows people who know how to run truck but not neccesarily run the business side become an "owner/operator". Its all a #'s game, which many fail at.

Hillbilly hauler and roadgoddess Thank this.
  10. Butter bean

Apr 9, 2019
    That is so very true mr. HillbillyDeluxTruck.

11. Cookie931

Cookie931 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    It is just something I found out after the fact and no jobs aren't only what u make of it lol. I left cuz I wasn't making the Bill's at home but my wife can't work right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.