Western xpress gets worse

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Vrgadin, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    Fuel just got rid of optimized idle after I brought truck in to get serviced. Woke up with battery dead because they didn't even tell me until I needed a jump. Will only go on at -40 f. Or 120f.

I called fuel and left a message letting them know I'm not cattle and they are pieces of ####. Luckily I have 3 more months till I can gtfo. Really wish I waited to hear from someone else before I took this job.

I've never made more than 600 a week. I stay out 3 weeks at a time and barely get 1500 miles at 40c per.

####### company that should have never rebuilt after the tornado

Bud A., Still undecided and austinmike Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Did you do dry van or flatbed?

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    I'm doing dry right now. 3 more months till I have 6 months experience to gtfo

austinmike and mjd4277 Thank this.
  5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Don’t suffer 3 more weeks, just blow that clam bake already.

Having 6 months vs 3 months isn’t going to really make much difference. Heck, I was on my third job by my 3 month mark!

Really just move on before you go insane..

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dry van at Western seems to suck. Flatbed was a less stressful experience for me. If you can make it 6 months, that would be paramount. Where are you located? There are some under the radar companies that will hire you. I'd also consider going to the flatbed side. I think Western treats flatbed drivers better.

mjd4277, Lonesome and Vrgadin Thank this.
  7. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    I'll definitely make it. I honestly still love it to death even with all the ######## here! I'm 45, my family and I are in nj but I drive everywhere east of the Mississippi, would love to go west and will stay out a month at a time

austinmike and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    Well I have been told by a few carriers already they require at least 6 months. One or 2 3 months. I'm looking at marten transport since they have a 1400 weekly minimum. We have a 6 year old and I need some security. My wife isn't happy I'm pulling 4 to 500 dollar paychecks and being out 3 weeks at a time

Bud A., austinmike, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Not the best way to handle things...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  10. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    I was. Ha. Tmc offered me a job. After talking to a family friend in the industry and my father in law itching his whole life about steel hauling I decided against it as a first job. Kinda regret it now.

11. Vrgadin

Vrgadin Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2024
    Well not pieces of trash in those words but it's not the first slight from this company. I don't normally do things like that unless pushed. But yes I know

austinmike and omaharj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.