Wet kit

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 1nicevette, May 21, 2018.

1. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Hey all what kind of wet kit would you all recommend? I will be hauling end dump and walking floor trailer also do they make a wet kit that I can also use on a air slide?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    For an end dump, you'll need about 2000 psi, and just a 2-line will work (one from the tank to the pump, the other from the pump to the trailer). Walking floors will need a return line from the trailer back to the tank (3-line)...not sure the pressure requirements.

Not sure what you mean by air slide. If you're talking about the 5th wheel, that really doesn't matter...same wet kits that work with a fixed plate will work with an air slide. If you're talking about the engagement and controls of the PTO and pump, most of them are air-powered.

iamfargo Thanks this.
  4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Tandems. Some trailers use a valve syatem to release the tandem pin so you can slide the tandems. You see them a lot on reefer trailers.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  5. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Thank you for letting me know what I need and what I mean by air slide is to use the wet kit for a blower for a pneumatic trailer

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    You'll lose efficiency and generate a lot of heat using the wet kit to power a blower for a pneumatic. You'd be better off doing like I did...mount a PTO for the blower on the 8-bolt side, and a second PTO for the hydraulic pump on the 6-bolt side. Easy to do on a Mack transmission. If your 8-bolt is on the belly of the transmission (Eaton), you may have to run an idler gear between the transmission and hydraulic pump. That will reverse the rotation of the pump, so make sure you either buy one set up for that or make the necessary modifications to make it work. Other problem with running an idler gear is that it sets the weight of the pump farther from the transmission...so make sure you have enough support brackets and such or else you'll have leaks and stuff can/will break. One other option would be a remote-mount pump, similar to the blower. You'd mount the PTO on the transmission, the pump on a bracket off the frame, and run a drive shaft between them. That could solve both the weight issue and clearance issue...but you'd have another drive shaft to maintain and look after.

7. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    This is the best option if you want a wet kit and a blower. I currently have a 12" GD blower running off my 8 bolt PTO and if I ever need a wet kit I will install it on the 6 bolt side. Blowers take a lot of horsepower to run them.

8. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Ok I was just thinking it would be very useful for we’re I am as I can haul frac sand one day and an end dump the next. Living in Colorado has a lot of different options and I just want to be able to take advantage of what is available.

9. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
  10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    If you don’t like long Pto driveshafts you can put a direct drive Hyd pump and a hydapack cooler into your blower....no shaft anywhere.

MH Series - Hydrapak Oil Conditioning System

FBE86CD2-53A3-43BE-AFBA-B39949D9421D.png

I’ve got 2 direct drive Hyd pumps on mine.... one on the bottom port with tankless cooler set to run a product pump.... and the other on the side port with a 65 gallon tank (no cooler) for a dump trailer....

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  11. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I ran walking floor and it's only 2 line. The mechanism works from the oil flow, so it needs to return.

An end dump puts fluid in the ram. When the ram comes down, it goes right back through the same hose.

To run a walking floor, you hook up the hoses, and turn the pto on. The controls are on the trailer. To control a dump, you engage the pto, and then use a valve to control flow to the ram. You would need to add that control valve to the kit in order to run both.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.