We've been with CRST 2 years

Discussion in 'CRST' started by RamettePeregrine, Dec 9, 2016.

1. RamettePeregrine

RamettePeregrine Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2014
    He trained in Cedar rapids I believe. I'd have to hunt through my old email to be sure. Where ever you go make friends with somebody in training. A good co-driver and a good relationship with your driver manager is the key.
    Dude, CRST Dedicated started putting cameras in the trucks. I clean the truck every Sunday and I've SEEN it. The camera responds to certain triggers like hard breaking and sends those events to the office for review. It has been a PITA while they adjust to the new information because every time someone cuts you off it thinks you were following too closely. He got talked about it once very shortly after the thing was installed but not since. The outward recording is required but the driver-facing is optional.

morpheus Thanks this.
  2. KellyJo

KellyJo Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    Dallas Tx
    Im really glad you posted this
    I am in CDL school right now
    Sponsered by CRST
    Another student in our class found tons of negative input online about CRST ..its the internet for petes sake everything with a grain of salt...
    Consider the trolls
    Consider the negative mind creating their own negative experience
    Especially consider the "false" senses of entitlements...
    I read an article by a bubba something
    His was honest...like yours
    Covering both the pros and cons
    Pros and cons are with any and every company...period
    Ive sincerely read every thread on this site referencing CRST after all id like to know who im entering a contract with...now its a 10 month commitment
    I like the idea of team driving
    Truck driving isnt a joke
    Its a responsibility and to honor that responsibility you NEED experience
    It pays so well because of the hazzards and inconveniences so to read a bunch of belly aching...((rolls eyes)) hence entitlements
    I entered the program thankful CRST gave me this opportunity and after reading your post ..Im still thankful
    I know what to expect ...looks like no home time and rough routes until ive put my time in and established a relationship
    CRST can be a stepping stone or a foundation
    And from what ive read the decision is all mine
    A 10 month contract isnt asking much for basically changing my life now is it ...
    CRST is my foot in the door to an industry that is coveted...corporate thinking ive read in threads ..isnt that the truth of any company in business looking to profit and make money ..
    I know perfectly well that my retention level alone qualifies me to go to the DMV on my own for my CDL and that everyone involved banks on my schooling ...i could shop around and pit school against school
    Fact is ...CRST accepted me FIRST
    I applied to 8 schools i found online
    Ive wanted to do this for a very long time and i look forward to every day
    If my 10 months at CRST is miserable, then honestly 10% is on them and 90% of that is on me
    Attitude + Mentality = your MindSet
    Ill post my own thread in 10 months
    An update to my experience
    Your post though of all that ive read helped me the most in knowing what to expect and when you go in with understanding its REALLY hard to be disappointed...im still looking forward to my CRST experience

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.