What’s a good way to track IFTA is there a application??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by The Highway Hustler, Aug 29, 2019.

1. The Highway Hustler

The Highway Hustler Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Looking for a good way to keep track of miles and gallons state by state for IFTA. Seen a few apps out there any recommendations other then pen and pad for crossing every state line.

Kruse Family Farms Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Thru your ELD and fuel card .
    Thru my Wex fleet one card and can track fuel purchases online for each quarter State by State. With my ELD (Keep trucking) I track total miles state by state . That's how I do it and it takes minutes to do IFTA now .

SoDel, Dave_in_AZ, dynamite and 3 others Thank this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I use my fuel card to track my gallons, but I handle the miles manually, for now. I do have an Omnitracs device that tracks my miles per state with GPS, but last time I checked, there was about a 3% discrepancy. Eventually they will perfect the technology as more and more companies are probably relying completely on GPS tracking to do their IFTA.

5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    If you have a GPS unit, most of them have an IFTA app on them.

Hulld Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    But are they accurate.

Copilot has miles by state. But when i looked it. It was pretty obvious the miles were low per state.

PE_T Thanks this.
  7. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I will be ELD exempt so I've been thinking about this also.

I think if I use a Google spreadsheet that would be the easiest for me. If you keep track of the miles each day and your purchases as long as your columns are set up the spreadsheet will total everything automatically.

As long as you have entered the data every time you get fuel and every day with your mileage when it comes time for ifta the data will be totaled and ready.

If anyone has an easier way for non ELD to keep track of it I'd be interested to hear.

8. upallnite

upallnite Light Load Member

May 15, 2010
    Hempstead,TX
    This is a trip sheet from the Texas IFTA Guidebook. I personally use Keeptruckin ELD with the IFTA option. Very Nice!

Attached Files:

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Well I'm like you...been doing my ifta the same way for 20 years....I don't have an eld either,nor any computer programs....
    I just write Down the miles for the week, gallons....I run the same states for years,so I know roughly each state for the week......then every quarter i add up,and file them online......takes me about an hour and done

Dave_in_AZ and EverLuc Thank this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I just keep track of my miles per state each day and keep a spread sheet on my tablet. My fuel invoices give me all of the fuel data I need.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.