what a crock.....truck movers is so full of crap

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mtd1973p, Mar 12, 2010.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Used to be years ago it was forbidden to sleep in new trks. being delivered to the dealers.. Oh wait that was when it was a union gig and they paid everything except your meals and personal items... Now you get this contractor B.S.
    What ever works for you

Whoisdoug and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    If you were reimbursed permits on a deck or hub load you are the exception to the rule. I have heard truckmovers plays favorites so that may explain why there are guys that have been there 15 years.

Truckmovers does NOT pay for permits and today the fuel surcharge pays .62 cpg. And fuel costs 2.20 at the pilot. So we are paying up to 75% of the fuel cost, more if the truck gets less than 5 mpg because anything less than 5 mpg and we 100% of the additional fuel.

Another thing you havent mentioned is short deck runs and 8 to 5 appointment times or lines of trucks waiting to undeck. These will eat up days on the road. So averaging 300 a day NET is good but only possible if you can be consistant on getting the longer runs. I have talked to driver who quit decking because of consistant short runs.

Just trying to keep it real...

Whoisdoug Thanks this.
  4. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    All? More misinformation. If you want to fly into laredo you pay the additional cost of 150 to 200 dollars, otherwise they fly you into san antonio and you take the greyhound bus to laredo.

I have had the dispatcher refuse to pay the 20 bus fare. The taxi usually is not reimbursed but i have had them pay it occasionally. Rental cars are usually paid for but they have refused to pay the gas. They also have deducted the rental car expense a week later after saying they would pay it.

Once again, you apparently are a favorite while the rest of us are ####### with.

J_FROG and Whoisdoug Thank this.
  5. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    You are a good fit but slopok is not a good representation for how YOU will be treated.

Whoisdoug Thanks this.
  6. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    More mis information.
    Truckmovers said they are phasing out hubdrivers. All drivers will be deckers and all deckers will take the lower paid hub loads.

Also, we are FORCED DISPATCH. Refuse too many loads and your contract will be terminated, refuse to take the mandatory single after delivering the hub/decked load and they will refuse to fly you to your next load.

Deck drivers do make more money on the longer runs. A lot more. But not necessarily so on the shorter runs. Logically thinking, truckmovers will move as many hubloads as possible and deck the overflow or scattered onesies and twosies.

J_FROG and Whoisdoug Thank this.
  7. Truckerrr

Truckerrr Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Texas
    They take 10% out of your check to reach the $1500 escrow. Doing singles you will eventually pay the bills, hubs will pay bills and vacations, decks will fill your savings account but only if you learn to work SMART. The fuel surcharge is .65 cpGallon! And fuel is about 2.20. We are spending $1.50 per gallon which equates to .30 cpm. Based on 5mpg.

If you get less than 5mpg, you pay 100% of the additional fuel.

Whoisdoug Thanks this.
  8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    they told me drivers weren't allowed to sleep in the sleeper

9. bigpwr

bigpwr Bobtail Member

May 31, 2016
    San Antonio
    you still working at TM poke?

10. SloPok

SloPok Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Texas
    Yes I am and to respond to some of these last replies, you get what you give. No one plays favorites. Just like most trucking companies out there, if you prove yourself, you're rewarded with more favorable work. If you're a drag out 3 day trips to 5-6 days, which the planners like to call slow drivers, you will be put on the bottom of every board and get offered the loads no one else wants. And yes, your contract will be terminated if you turn down too many loads. The trick around that is, don't turn them down! Really, don't get put on the the naughty list and show them you wanna work!

Also, you don't average .30 per mile, it's more like .65 a mile after fuel. Example: 1800 mile HUB load pays $1.05 per mile = $1890 minus the fuel which is about $350-380, you're still bringing in $1500 in the 3 days it takes you to deliver. Same miles as a deck load would pay $1.40 which would be $2540 minus the same $350-380 in fuel, you'd be bringing in $2140 in 3 days so as I've said so many time before. It's all about the bottom line and if it is worth it to you.

Laters! :cool:

P.S. I wont be back for a while since I'm taking the month of July off in the DR "Dominican Republic"

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  11. Happy man

Happy man Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    So, what's your email address? ??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.