what a crock.....truck movers is so full of crap

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mtd1973p, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mikesanto70

mikesanto70 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ

Uniquemale, who do you work for now, I'm trying to get into this industry as well because I'm single and my kids are grown, never have to be home. Just want to make good $$ like everyone else. I have been ripped off about $30,000 in honest wages in the last 2 years working for these small mom and pops, so I need to work for a year or 2 and save for my own rig, but if you cant make any $$ in the first place, it cant be done. Can you send me some info on it to my private messages so every dick head doesnt start applying!!

MS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bullcroc

Bullcroc Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Springfield, OH
    alot of good points were made in your responce. JHT is tied with all companies mostly as money partner. Iron tiger Logistics is union where truckmovers are not. yes we are a far cry from the good days but we are still fighting for what is fair in the business. if more would fight instead of cry more would get done in our favor.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  4. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    Keep in mind the Truck Movers 'employees' are actually 1099 contractors - huge turnover for the obvious reasons. Same with Unimark.

Interesting and seems to be a truthful post for a change.

The truth is very few do well enough at this as contractors. I was told by an ex Truck Movers driver that if he could average 2000-3000 miles per week and didn't have to hire Wreckers out of pocket he would clear $1000 - $1500 after expenses most of the time. Unfortunately, he ended up with too many short trips to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  5. Turk111

Turk111 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Buffalo,NY
    I was looking into a drive away co.(tm) it seems I couldn't get a straight answer on pay but everyone knows what you will have to pay for on a trip to Canada, Fuel (a small portion only 1.20 per gallon),tolls,insurance , log books I'm thinkin pretty much everything you might make 25 or 30 bucks when all said and done . It's 1.20 mile in Canada then the tolls plus all your expenses and your responsible for up to the first 1500.00 in damages also another 22.00 in injury insurance per week not including health insurance that's extra. Oh then there's the ride back if u went with some people u could split the gas back or if u do it your self pay all the gas Back to the states And on top of that u get to call it your own Business whoo hooo!
    Really, who's kiddin who in America
    This venture Stinks!!! If your lookin for trouble you'll find all kinds here. You shouldn't have to pay for anything unless the reward is much greater than the pay out. I don't see it here sorry . Not on single loads.
    Like my Gran-Pappy always said: ABC Always Be Compensated

6. Custom Thunder

Custom Thunder Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Manheim,PA

Looks like word has gotten out. I have too much spare time today!

7. driverkc

driverkc Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Kansas City, KS

I know the thread is a little old but I would like to know where you obtain this information about JHT Holdings owning Truckmovers/Irontigers. I haven't found any info to cooberate this.

JHT Holdings : Auto Truck Transport , Active Truck Transport , ATC Transportation , Equipment Transfer , Mexicana Logistics, Unimark Truck Transport.

Truckmovers is a d.b.a for what is called Dealers Choice Truckaway based out of Kansas City. Irontigers is the #####y, whiney, spoiled brat union side of this partnership. Owner Tom Duvall.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  8. pipeliner07

pipeliner07 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    WISCONSIN
    He is a private contractor (self employed ), just like a owner operator, he will get a 1099M at the end of the year when he does is taxes..........

9. arn466

arn466 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Just joined this forum because of the gross mis information about the driveaway companies talked about here as all belonging to JHT Holdings. This is not true. JHT was the first successful company pioneering how trucks are moved. Many former execs and employees have taken what they learned and attempted to start their own companies, some successful, most not, but to jump to the illogical conclusion that they are all tied to JHT is irresponsible. It seems a good conspiracy theory is preferred over facts.

The information given here about contractor pay for Trucmovers is also wrong. I'm not defending TM's business practices because they're sorely lacking in honesty, integrity and mutual respect where drivers are concerned, but let's be mad about the truth and not make stuff up or repeat gossip. I can tell you that I worked about seven months last year and my load pay after fuel was $74,000. After subtracting taxi's, hotels, per diem, etc, I still had a net income of $50,000. I have other business interests apart from trucking, however that is my approx TM income for seven months.

For all you TM drivers present and former, charges are being filed soon. I'm reluctant to say more right now, but hopefully our working relationship with TM will change soon. I will keep you informed as events happen.

10. jack thompson

jack thompson Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Stay away ! they left me in Canada w/t no way back after I refused a prepln. I took a day cab from Larado,TX to Alberta . Once i found out truck was day cab , an could nt sleep in it I tried to back out. they said no way, an was forced to take it. I used all my money on not so cheap hotels an trans. The story is too long , but you get the point !

11. arn466

arn466 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I have problems with some of the practices that most reasonable people would consider driver unfriendly, but your reason for wanting to refuse the load is not valid. There isn't a single driver delivering trucks for Truckmovers that doesn't know it is against the company's policy to sleep in the trucks and against the customers policy for transport drivers to sleep in the truck.

pipeliner07 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.