What a flippin let down, is it really about who you know????

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Nightwind8830, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Tricky Rick

Tricky Rick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Northwest Mississippi
    We recently opened a new terminal in west Chicago. That usually means additional hiring for most positions-line haul, city, dock, etc. OD has many female drivers all over the country. We have 6 here in MFS. Many are starting off as "combo" drivers. They will train you on line haul, city, and dock. Try to get on there if at all possible. One of the best jobs in LTL. Estes and Conway are very good companies as well.

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL

Update: I called OD and spoke with Tammy again, let her know Im willing to work dock and that I would be getting my CDL on 11/25. still says they arent hiring currently but will call if interested.

I called Conway and was advised to wait until I got my CDL before applying. Estes is right by my house but I have yet to call them . I also need to call Ebby Brown and some place called Epes was recommended to me also

West chicago is an hour drive from me,should I go to that location and fill out another job application or does one app apply to all locations in chicago?

thanks!

4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I would go either Estes or OD before Con-way. That's just from my experience with CWF. Try UPSF and YRC as well. I do know a lot of people who work for Estes anx ODFL and seem very happy. I dont know from experience but I think they might be the best non-union carriers to work for.

Chicago is a big area for trucking jobs. A friend of mine who is also on here works for YRC there.

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.