What about ups tractor trailer?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Aug 24, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Most of the night trucks are the newer ones. You run p&d and they are bad. 17 years of driving them so I've seen them all. The governor's are different on all of them for some reason...don't know why. Some do 65, some do 85 it's weird.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Haven’t had to do a regen on my 2014 T-680 in 8 months. Ever since I stopped idling it without bumping up the rpms to about 750.

If you’re regening that much...wow!
    I’d definitely be trying to get that puppy resolved or trading it in

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    trust me. keep her working. when you get on a $100k year job. they all want to be a stay at home mom. i have been paying all the bills for the last 13years.

LtlAnonymous, 88 Alpha, stwik and 2 others Thank this.
  5. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    This piece of junk has been to kenworth 4 times for repairs.i called my boss and told him it was acting this bad. He says kenworth was unable to repair it they are taking it on a trade and eating the repair cost. This same truck spun a rod bearing at 300k and has a reman paccar engine.

When I called my boss he said it's a piece of junk..... Then why am I still driving if it's junk.

I'm a little annoyed

LtlAnonymous and Concorde Thank this.
  6. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    is it ups feeder driver or ups freight. i wont take anything less then ups feeder.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  7. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    When it pulls its fine, when it's gutless it's only making 20 psi of boost..... Basket case.... And you never know what it's going to do. It's like a woman.

8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You are in ny right? A few years ago there was a whistle blower case up there about the automotive supervisor at one of the hubs putting inspection stickers on trucks with rust holes in the frames. That's how bad they have gotten with the penny pinching, just something to keep in mind. You will make a ton of money but generally put up with a ton of crap. I always told people I get paid to get #### on lol. It's a great job but you can't be picky with trucks, hours, etc because that doesn't fly there. If it was a feeder driver you were talking to top rate right now is $39. @LtlAnonymous is a good source of info on this too, he's a feeder driver that is new so he can fill you in more on the hiring process and stuff. It's in my best interest to get people to go there because y'all fund my pension but after seeing your deal with having to switch trucks at your current job I think you might have a struggle ahead if you if trying to go with UPS.

9. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    anyone had the new popeyes chicken sandwich

akfisher and spindrift Thank this.
  10. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017

I have driven a variety of trucks at work. Some nice some not so nice. I have never driven anything that required so many regeneration cycles in such a short period of time. When the boss says it's junk what does that tell you?

11. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Maybe some day it will regen and catch fire then your troubles with it will be over..

With you safely away from the inferno of course. I couldn’t hang out in my truck the couple times it did do a regen. The smell of it I just can’t handle.

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.