What about ups tractor trailer?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Aug 24, 2019.

1. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I know the hub he works out of as I work out of the same one. I also worked part time at this hub 25 years ago.

Our building is split by two locals. All inside employees are part of the P&D side. We are the road/line haul side.

The local from the P&D side get the majority of their drivers from within. At least 95% of them are. Most from package car.
    Many guys that try to bid into feeder fail their driving test. Some that work inside end up not able to qualify for other reasons when it's their time to get into feeder. This happens A LOT.
    They do not pick up transfers from other locals tho. And neither does ours.
    And with us, our local does not have a large pool to get drivers from. So because of that, majority of our drivers are from off the street.
    And we have been experiencing serious growth as well. They are almost doubling the amount of drivers just on the road side from when I first started.

So, he didn't get his job because no one wanted to get into feeder from within. This hub has always been this way.

To touch on UPS now being driven by shareholder return as you mention in an earlier post........welcome to corporate America my friend!
    It will only get worse, and this is what the business and political climate has created and will continue to expand on.

All in all I have done many driving jobs. I've worked for a Ready Mix company, did LTL construction etc etc.
    I've worked a lot harder for less in all other instances.

With that said, this is the best sucky company in a sucky industry!

LtlAnonymous and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. authentic251

authentic251 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2018
    What is hard drives?

4. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Paving company. It’s a big company, check google and see if they are near you, they are all over the country.

authentic251 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.