What are my chances of getting financed?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Simplespeed, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Simplespeed

Simplespeed Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I understand that. In 2018 i grossed 58k. If i can gross that as an o/o and have a truck paid off in 3-4 years, I would be okay with that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    So before you even drive the truck off the lot, do you have money to pay for a properly done pre purchase truck inspection by an independent shop which includes Blowby, Dyno, etc etc?

What happens when you blow $700-1000 on having a truck fully inspected and find out its junk?

Got money to pay for the full inspection on the next truck your "thinking" of purchasing?

You see where I'm going with this? The money your currently have is like pennies in someone's piggie bank..... Certainly not nearly enough

PoleCrusher and Simplespeed Thank this.
  4. Simplespeed

Jun 12, 2013
    I agree, it is not enough and i am working on that. Trying to get all my ducks in a row right now. The company I plan on leasing to does a full inspection on any truck purchased but does not dyno the truck. I do plan on pulling an oil sample. I'll look around for a shop with a dyno that can inspect it and plan to have those funds available.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  5. Simplespeed

Jun 12, 2013
    Thanks for the info guys. I am taking all of this in and working towards it!

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I am very successful today with what I have, but if I could've waited another 6 months because I had a good job hauling fuel home every night. Making $1000 plus a week at the time. Things wouldve been a better start for me.

Simplespeed Thanks this.
  7. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    @TbOn3 is dead on the mark in post #14.Most of the comments on here are real life lessons somebody learned the hard way. Go be a company driver and smile at the end the week.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You know dude, the way you describe the company is like they are going to everything possible to screw you the first time there is a real issue between you and them.

They do inspections?

Why the he'll would anyone want that?

I would never want a carrier inspecting my truck for an annual.

So many red flags.

No carrier should hold the hand of an O/O, especially like the way you describe. It is why people fail in this business and rightfully so.

Drive for a company you like, save up as much money as you can, the more the better and look for a carrier to lease first with that won't hold your hand. Then look for a truck.

Be responsible for your business and work, take care of you own truck, your plates and the repairs while taking advice from others who already went through the process and can teach you how to be successful.

9. YeaImRJ

YeaImRJ Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Best way to finance a truck is through a credit union. But yes it’s possible. Had a friend go thru an International dealership with his first truck. 55k truck, 3k down, 60m term, above average credit. I can’t remember what his interest rate was though. Cash would be best as a first truck to keep the overhead low.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    thank i would follow my dad. if your dad was so sure of the big $$$. he would do the same

PoleCrusher, HoneyBadger67 and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  11. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Grossing 130k for the year as an O/O is SOOOO much less than your dad is making at 86k that you'd be better off in a company truck. I grossed 160k my first year and only showed a 46k profit (to pay 30% taxes on) after all expenses and repairs.

freebirdnca, PoleCrusher and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.