What are Owner-Operators actually paid at Swift?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by coty, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Anthony O

Anthony O Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2015
    For the settlements when does the week begin and end?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Pay week ends midnight Wednesday. My settlement is direct deposited into my bank account around midnight Friday.

4. Anthony O

Anthony O Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2015
    So its Thursday to Wednesday, paid on Friday?

5. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Unless they changed it o/o get paid Monday company gets paid Tuesday

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Anthony O, yes however your actual "payday" may vary if you get your settlement split between accounts or to your Comdata card. That's probably what Luse is referring to. Mine has always gone into my bank account overnight Friday.

7. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    This post is accurate. I average about 33-3400 miles per week and with no truck payment you should pay taxes on a little over $2k per week. Swift is a good outfit and they'll treat you respectfully. All the planners and DMs are respectful. They do have some kids working in some of the departments not related to moving freight but you'll never really interact with them. I've been with swift quite a while but last year I did not sit one day. I always have a preplan. On the rare occasion maybe once or twice a year when a shipper cancels a load I'll have a preplan within hours. Another good thing about a large company is they have close to 60,000 trailers. Finding any empty trailer is rarely an issue. Swift takes care of its equipment. I can send you a couple settlements if you like to show you my mile averages and revenue but I've sent one to mystic before and they'll back me up on this. Truckers are notorious fibbers.

8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Rowdy,

I wish I could agree with you on those 2 sentences, but cannot!

blsqueak and A21CAV Thank this.
  9. thodges

thodges Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    3400 miles and you bring home a little over $2k?.with no truck payment....im sorry...

10. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Enter the super trucker. He's currently at the flyin J; been there three days now slurping down 64 ounce sodas. He likes his pizza two for five dollars. Sometime today he might have his first shower this week if he can just find the stamina. But first he figures he'll stroll over to the truckers report to add some insight for all the real dumb ##### out there. If you have the misfortune of catching his attention in the drivers lounge he'll tell you about that time he, whatever he'll just be telling you about that time. Driver I've got some advice for you. Tennis shoes are disposable; they're not a lifetime purchase. You're not supposed to wear them for seven years. You throw them out and get a new pair every six months or so. Now go philmor you're dry brother.

Xzay Thanks this.
  11. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana

not quite sure where this post is going..
    but he's right. if one has no truck payments and owns their truck and after 3400 miles to only make 2K bring home yeah that's sad...

thodges Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.