What are Owner-Operators actually paid at Swift?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by coty, Jul 10, 2011.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Wow, it's like are you people for real?:biggrin_2559:Your ragging on @Rowdy1 for only bringing home 2k a week after all expences. Like you guys have some special insight on how much he should really be bringing home. Its like telling a guy driving a Porsche, "too bad you could have a Ferrari"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thodges

thodges Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    Not trying to bash the guy...hes doing good. But without a truck payment...at least bring home $1 per mile...hes bringing home .58 per mile while owning his own truck. Company driver gets .50 after 5 yrs.
    Just saying....you can do better. And idk how that makes me a super trucker whi eats pizza and 64oz soda and tennis shoes lol.. But OK... Haha

4. thodges

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    Its not special insight.. Its called experience that tells someone "hey....you should be doing better than you are.... To me thats good advice"....not hey your only making 2k...its more of a ..hey your working harder than u have to

Benfica1982 Thanks this.
  5. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Yeah but that's not what they did. What they did was to belittle with no insight at all which is typical of liars and blow hards. Sure I'd like to know how to make more. But I don't need anyone to tell me that I should be sitting at the house waiting on that special load and then sitting for two more weeks because "you're working to hard". Or to just comment how they feel sorry for me. I highly doubt those super truckers are making any more than I am anyway.

51.50 Thanks this.
  6. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    You are right Rowdy1. As long as you are happy with your lease purchase, why should anyone else care. Really it's none of their business to judge if you are working too hard, could make more etc. I lease purchased two tractors( one at a time). I completed each lease on time, got clear title in my name. These forums are filled with drivers that have every thing negative to say about lease purchase. It's not easy, you have to be efficient and use good business judgement. I wonder how many of them actually tried a lease purchase compared to how many knew it was a bad deal without actually leasing. Keep your focus on finishing you lease purchase and getting title in your name.

Benfica1982 Thanks this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    My point was even with a paid off truck there are still a ton of ways money gets siphoned off before it hits the bottom line some expected and some unexpected. If he can cover all that and still have a smile on his face he's doing all right in my book. I don't know about anyone else but a 2k a week check to deposit would sure make my old lady smile.

RedRover Thanks this.
  8. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    My neighbor has his own authority and so far this year all miles is $1.51 down from last year at this time $1.63 mile. It's been a soft year. Another friend works for landstar and all miles for him this year is 1.43 mile.
    When I say all miles that means both empty and loaded average of both.

They both own their truck and take home more then 2k for a 3400 mile week
    Hell son in law gets, .56 a mile company driver... For 3400 mile week is a little over 1,900

And if pointing out 2k bring home on 3400 is low or sad for owning your own rig is belittling then you should most likely stop getting on the internet.....

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. thodges

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    2k a week is great....... Now. 3400 MILES for 2 k. ........ Does that still nake u smile?? What is being said is not that bringing 2k home a week is bad...( of COURSE THAT'S GOOD)..what was said is that driving 3400 miles a week and no truck payment and only bringing home 2k is sad. Guy just said his buddy makes 1.50 Mile so at only 3000 miles he gets 4500....mins furl etc...
    Its not the $2,000. Its bringing that after driving 3400 miles

10. thodges

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    3400 miles is a lot. Doing 3400 miles no truck payment owner op. And bring 2000 home just caughy my attention.. No harm done. Not trying to burt anyone feelings.. It just caught me off gaurd that there is mkre for u out there weather u drove less or the same. Check out landstar...
    2000 is good....it's the miles and the owning your own truck that we can see improvement.. Just trying to help another guy.. Not belittle your success.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  11. Benfica1982

Benfica1982 Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Me and my wife are a o/o team with swift . We do really well net wise , we just cleared a 3700 week with 6200 miles under us . The freight is consistent and honestly we have a 2017 t680 which we leased on for 720 a week and in 2 months it will go down to 570 a week . The buying power they have is a true help because it's passed on to us the o/o's . It's a hands down good way to start your own business without risk and be successful . The cool thing to is that also no one bothers you out there and all we take is our loads .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.