What are some relatively small trucking companies for a rookie?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Divadanidem, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    My mega, Swift, accepted my medical card from a different clinic when I started and didn't make me get another one from their clinic. Although, their clinic did review my medical and I had to clarify a couple things. Since then, I've renewed my medical through them because it was convenient and didn't cost me. Unsure if they require it from their clinics or not. Unfortunately, I only get annual physicals due to medication I take. I take a blood pressure medicine that requires annual instead of biannual. I don't have blood pressure problems, I take it for what's called an off label use. One of its side effects is why I take it. But simply because I take it, I'm required to renew it annually.
    I'd encourage you to reconsider working for a mega as a newbie. Often times they are more and better prepared to contend with and help with issues that new drivers face instead of simply throwing you into the deep end of the pool. After a year at a mega that will help you learn and experience what newbies need to learn and experience, you can go onto another carrier with a much greater chance of success and content. My opinion at least.
    I've ended up staying with Swift for personal reasons. But, I think most drivers will probably benefit from moving on after a year or so. My situation is unique to me. And, Swift has been golden to my particular needs and desires.

Divadanidem, Eddiec and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    What kind of meds are you taking that you’re worried about ?

the regs are pretty clear about what meds are ok for People who are driving 80,000 pound vehicles at 75 MPH on duty for 14 hours .

ZVar, Divadanidem and Malt Ball Cult Thank this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Trying to find a company that is not strict on regulations that all carriers must follow is a recipe for problems. You will find this out when they "ask" you to "do the best you can, " make it work" and "deliver the load or else!"

tscottme and Malt Ball Cult Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  6. Divadanidem

Divadanidem Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Between phoenix az and los angeles california

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Divadanidem

Nov 22, 2021
    I am currently taking at
    im taking for example lisinopril for bp and some other for mental health i heard they check for urine ph and other components maybe im over reacti mg?

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have a California cdl or Arizona cdl?

9. Divadanidem

Nov 22, 2021
    Arizona

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    jethro712 Thanks this.
  11. Divadanidem

Nov 22, 2021
    Lisinopril gabapentin and metformin

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.