What are the most dangerous roads / mountain passes in the lower 48

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JR80, Aug 24, 2013.

1. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Im just acting like every other trucker on this site. I come here looking for fair and impartial info on companies like Swift, Werner, and other companies and i cant get the accurate info I need because everyone calls them bottom feeders and how bad they suck. I talk to their drivers face to face and they are happy for the most part. Im not a super trucker the rest of you are becuase you will call companies bottom feeders that you have never even worked for because some other guy said that they are bad and you just want to fit in and not speak out aganist them. And I am the idiot and need to work with people more? I have award arter award for my customer service over 10 year period. And yes I am expecting an apology. I apologized so he needs to. Where I come from that is just good relations.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BuckeyeCowboy63

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Forget what i said meant for other post. Sorry guys

alds, iDukeSilver, JR80 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    Route 60 all the way across W.Virginia, Hawks Nest Mtn., best driving test I've ever had. Day cab cabover International with a 903 Cummins NO jake , 10 spd. Reyco suspension, and a 42,000 forklift in the center of a 45' flatbed 10' spread walking beam suspension. 1982 my 2nd trip EVER!!!! Where's Rubber Duckie when you need him?

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Not a problem but have to ask,do you even know what a super trucker is?Just because drivers that haven't worked for a certain bottom feeder company but yet talks bad about them does not make them a super trucker.I did drive for Werner for 3 yrs so I know they are a bottom feeder company.Most starter companies are.Its really not the newbies fault for driving for them because they have to start somewhereI don't care how happy some drivers may be with them,the point is they still are bottom feeder companies.Even some companies that require exp can be bottom feeder companies.The bad company thread proves that.From what I see,most the drivers do give fair and impartial advice.Think you see it differently because youre hoping the info sways towards the company you wanna drive for and cowboy hear at the forum that just isn't going to happen.Sure a lot of the drivers may not have drove for a certain bottom feeder company but they've been in this biz long enough to know the bottom feeders from the good ones.Sorry folks didn't mean to derail the thread.Anyway far as bad roads and driving them,Werner will not force drivers to drive it you feel its unsafe.All they have to do is look at the weather and sometimes they'll ask other drivers.

DoneYourWay, paul_4lp and Boka Thank this.
  6. BuckeyeCowboy63

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Patty i do know what it means. I am not looking for info to sway to any comapny i want to work for but when i ask a quedtion about werner and swift is it too much to ask for for people not to tell me to drive for other companies and just answer the question. Im going with a company i plan on driving for them for at least two years and then ##### where i am.

As far as the chains go, one thing ive wondered is chain laws, how do they let you know whe. To chain do they come over the cb and tell you or is there a sign or how does that work?

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Well ive seen officers sitting at the bottom of the mountain pulling trks off to chain.You can pretty much use your degression if you feel you need to chain just by looking at the roads.Some states will have lite up signs that tell you to chain up.I think Utah does.CB is another great tool,truckers will come on and tell the drivers.

DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    there will be highway signs up. also it's a good idea to check weather reports and state dot highway reports before you get there. with today's technology such as internet smart phones, there just isn't any reason someonecould get caught unaware.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. BuckeyeCowboy63

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Okay. That is what I was thinking. Thanks.

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  11. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    one of the 1st problems in trucking you will have is (what am i going to do with my dog). all the mtn. passes are dangerous and the winter months just adds to that danger lots of luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.