What are the safest and most dangerous truckstops??

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bananaz, Aug 6, 2006.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Western Washington. Especially Tacoma and north.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Maryland's no picnic either.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    All the truck stops in Amarillo, TX. The only one I never had any lizards bang on the door and was quiet for the most part was the ProAm off Pullman road. It was a small and a little run down, but the restaurant was good. Im not sure when, but it closed about 5 years ago. I think you can still get into the lot and park.

5. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Surprised to read that. I've parked at the Amarillo Petro dozens of times for the night, all nights of the week and from the spot closest to the building to the furthest and have never seen anything or had a single issue.

Never had an issue at the J or the old Jesus Christ is Lord place either

6. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Most dangerous... West Memphis is supposed to be pretty bad. The Vince Lombardi is no place for the innattentive mind, I once called out a pickpocket there.

It's hard to say really what truck stop is "safest": most truckstops have trouble of some kind.

If you're in an area where you have a company yard or terminal nearby its best to go there.

stacks Thanks this.
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

"Lizards don't knock on company trucks, they know the driver ain't got any money" (my trainer at USA)

Bud A. and luddybuddy Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    ^^Bull****, I had one try to proposition me at the Pilot off of I-70 in London,OH outside of Columbus about 5 months ago.I was bob tailing, not even backed into my parking spot and she was walking over asking if I wanted some company.
    I guess she didn't get the memo that Western Express drivers make less than some McDonald's employees.lol

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

There's a visual, McDonalds employee groupies.:biggrin_2559:

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    ^ Well you know how it is with those pick 2 for $5 specials.lmao

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The worst stop are two that stick out in my living memory, the Memphis I40 stops, Jersey City off 15C, a few more come to mind. An old one at Amesbury Mass which is a ruin 20 years ago, Jessup Maryland would be one if you were not careful, There are a couple of others I can think of such as Calumet in Chicago, Gary Indiana. Philadelphia is not a good place to be. (Duh) Many places I can think of high threat levels but over time have been removed or closed pernamently to be replaced by something else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.