What are the safest and most dangerous truckstops??

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bananaz, Aug 6, 2006.

1. mtdewr

mtdewr Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2006
    on the road again
    Driver was killed at the TA east in Ontario,CA a few months ago.

billsgirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Thank you! I will pass that onto Bill-I can see exactly how that could happen. That is just scary. :biggrin_25510:

4. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    The twin TA's in Ontario CA are a snakepit. Hoods sitting outside at the lounge area trying to sell stolen stuff, hookers crawling all over the parking lot and more hoods asking if you "need" anything, which I presumed to be drugs, etc.... And the best part is you have to pay to park there.

5. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    We won't stop in West Memphis at all.

6. billsgirl

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    No way!!!! Don't blame you a bit:biggrin_25510:

7. mtdewr

mtdewr Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2006
    on the road again
    In 3 years, we may have stopped there 4 times. The last time...WAS the last time and that was just to fuel. Took almost an hour since fuel pumps were 3-4 trucks deep. :biggrin_25516:

8. mtdewr

mtdewr Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2006
    on the road again
    We pulled in to park overnight. While we were eatting at the TA restaurant, overheard drivers at the counter talking about how a driver was killed just the week before. One driver said he was parked in the idleaire near the idleaire office...other driver told him thats where it happened. Waitress chimed in and advised that this was true. Driver was sitting in his truck with window down on drivers side and was stabbed. Thats all we heard about it. Needless to say, I called dispatch to see if we could drop trailer at shipper and bobtail to hotel. Thats what we did!!! No more staying at the Ontario east T/A for us.....

9. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    And it's not like Corbin is a huge metropolis! Times are getting bad and criminals are becoming more brazen.

I wonder if it isn't the same crew that's been traveling up and down the east coast running the three-card monte scam. I saw them at a couple different truck stops in GA and SC, one of which they beat a guy in a motorhome and robbed him.

Here's a little tip: If someone comes up to your truck and you do not know them, do NOT get out of your truck. Keep your doors locked at all times. If you don't idle your truck, at least make sure you have air in it so you can move the truck quickly if you need to.

It's sad it has to be this way, but these bungholes are coming up with new ways to part you out of your money every day.

And a little trivia for you trivia buffs:biggrin_25525:... a Kel-Tec P3AT weighs 8.3 ounces and measures in at 5.2" x 3.8"... just thought you might like to know.

10. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    I might be dating myself but does anyone remember RUBIES in Jersey? They had rats the size of cats in the lot. There wass always someone getting shanked there. I was leased to MONFORT and Rube loved us and watched our trucks for us so we always had a place to park. Saw a big ol' KWhopper drive in one of the potholes and never returned. Ha!Ha!
    The best would have to be Iowa 80 I believe.:yes2557:

11. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    ohh i hate that place!! "gren smoke,brown smoke,whitesmoke kick it on back to J-rock" UGGGHHHHH!!!!
    glad USA has a terminal there. i went to memphis all the time when i was with them!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.