What are the worst cities to drive in?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Harley, Mar 9, 2008.

1. beerbaron2002

beerbaron2002 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2009
    arlington, WA
    at any rate i'd rather be stuck in traffic than stuck in a cubical trying to finish my tps reports, and dealing with people all day.

1nonly and MuddyWaters Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm dedicated to Family Dollar stores. Unfortunately I get to visit a new ghetto (I mean store) every Monday... so yeah it is constantly changing.:biggrin_25510:

4. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    Chicago is pretty bad.

1. I planned my route ( i even called the number and made sure it was ok). Well I exit 55 near downtown only to find out that you arnt allowed to turn east on the road only west............ sigh

2. Followed the directions a shipper gave me only to come face to face with a 13ft 0 overpass. Lucky some people stopped traffic for me and there was an empty parking lot so i had room to make a uturn.

3. Only way to get to a shipper is to go down roads marked Weight limit 5 tons. You also have to back into the place off the street. And this is a narrow street maybe 4 car lengths wide..... and cars are parked on both sides. Then people had the nerve to sit there and honk there horns at me as im backing in while trying not to hit peoples parked cars.

Montreal, Canada wasn't the best exsperience either. There streets look like they were built about 1920 and havent been updated since. Long traffic jams even at 6 am when i came in and about 2pm when I left. Tons of low bridges also. It is basically like driving in Chicago only every road sign is in French.

MuddyWaters Thanks this.
  5. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    HA!! I remember back when someone honked at me while backing into some narrow gates. I set the brakes, got out and went up to his window and said "What?" He didn't seem too eager to get out, so I walked SLOWLY back to the truck while people were honking at HIM as far as I was concerned.

MuddyWaters Thanks this.
  6. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    London,Paris,Hong Kong,Berlin,Amsterdam,just to name a few.Good ole USA a piece of cake.

7. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    been to all three, no argument there!

8. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    A beemer suv honked at me because I wouldn't turn right on a red, so I treated him to about a mile + of 20mph where he couldn't get around me..lol

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Pittsburgh is not trucker friendly. The stupid short on/off ramps, The #### tunnels/hills, good luck trying to find a fuel station. That can accommodate a tractor trailer. have to go outside the area.
    ATL
    Chicago
    NJ
    Philly
    St.louis

10. LuckyLady7

LuckyLady7 <strong>Good Luck Charm</strong>

Nov 8, 2007
    South Carolina
    I will say Chicago...when I get loads going there I dread it so much I almost wanted say " Not today" but I end up in Chicago anyway.....I don't like the traffic and people there are rude...thery do not heed that there is a "big truck" in the next lane...NO...they just pull out in front of me like I am supposed to let them in....I have not had any good days in Chicago and I hope I never have to go there again....but I am sure as I am writing this now I have probably "hexed" myself and will go there tomorrow.....but anyways I dont dislike the place......I hate it.......enough said as I am sure they probably say the same things about the south....but give me the south any day over Chicago and I will take it.....:biggrin_25516::yes2557:

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  11. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Oh come on guys Minneapolis, St Paul, and Chicago arent that bad, yes they can suck at times. Never had any problems in DFW area or Houston. My worsts are #1 NYC! no reason for big trucks to be in there, they should have ltl and straight truck LOCAL drivers doing that stuff and let us drop or pick up at whse's on the outskirts. #2 Milwaukee, I just hate that #### place. #3 Nashville aka Crashville maniacs there. #4Washington D.C. #5 Baltimore #6Newark #7 Phily, absolutely hate that place with a passion. #8 Atlanta #9 Boston #10 L.A. California.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.