What are you Carhauler’s doing in these slow times? Is it even slow for you yet

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Banker, Apr 6, 2020.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've been online shopping pick ups thru car max in Omaha and noticed the last week shipping prices from other car max dealers to Omaha have dropped off alot .

Hammer166, stwik and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Might as well look at new trucks with zero percent interest for 84 months and no payments for up to 4 months.

KANSAS TRANSIT and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    After my first year doing it I bought plenty of spare grease fittings and blind plugs. I tend to drop them, and if I have no spares I never find it. When I have a bag full of spares I don’t loose any. I probably should have finished replacing the plugs with the low profile fittings and leave them in. Maybe that will be my next task to keep me busy.

BigBob410 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Yep if I was looking that is the route I would go, best bang for your buck!

6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The quick spins that are difficult to access the plug you can use a needle nose tip and grease around the rubber o ring. It may not be as good but it beats not doing it. 1D125F9C-FE08-48D1-897B-C5673AA08030.png

BigBob410, bzinger and Hammer166 Thank this.
  7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I just want a 20k Silverado 2wd LS with a 4.3 v6 auto that's coming out of the south with low miles .
    I got buddy's who are looking at high buck pick ups but I have no interest in one .

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  8. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Talking to dispatch last week, he told me the phones are ringing off the hook, even on our off-the-beaten-path units. Some of that stuff wouldn't generate any calls over a week, now there's 10 calls in the first few hours.

From what I'm reading elsewhere, the other segments of trucking saw a nosedive in rates this week, too.

KANSAS TRANSIT, bzinger and Banker Thank this.
  9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Say what ya want about KR and I dont agree with everything he or analysts say but they called this spot on !
    I'm in the temp controlled segment with an 84 year old carrier and they were worried about loading me tmw near Indianapolis which is a hot bed for us .

Banker Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Btw stan that 372 Pete in pocahontas ark is still there , but it's been moved .

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  11. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Yes, here I am at 3am writing this, sometimes my brain is it's own worst enemy. But something has been bothering me for the last couple of days, and although I am on a couple different forums, there are a handful of guys that have opinions that I respect greatly, most of them are already here, so that is why I didn't start a new thread,,,,,,,, So with apologizes to Banker for high jacking this,,,,,,Here go's nothing.

First and foremost the next paragraph has nothing to do with any kind of ego stroking, but I need you all to understand where I came from and why this bothers me the way it does. As some of you know I started my first business 42 years ago at 21 years old, never had a day of College, and have never worked for anyone since. My grandfathers principles of work hard, work smart, live within your means has always served me well, I am pretty much a hardcore fiscal conservative. So if you chose to read further I take no responsibility for sleepless nights, cold sweats, or putting that tune in your head that you can't turn off, Grab a sweater, a bottle of water and your hip waders, cause this could get long, windy and deep! lol

Obviously, what is going on in our world today is unlike anything any of us have ever encountered before, although maybe similar to 9/11,,,,,, different,,,,,, and for the sake of this discussion, I will leave my Tin Foil Hat neatly tucked away on it's shelf, I can conspiracy theory with the best of them, because I believe that although some ideas are WAY out there, I do think there is at least a grain of truth in most of them.

I am sure that most of you have been following U.S. events, esp, with regards to SBA, loan programs, Congress, stock market, etc. The FED is what is causing my sleepless nights in this instance. The long story short is the FED has been buying up U.S. Debt, and not just slowly, or a small amount, they have been buying T notes, now buy Munis, have of course lowered the interest rate to a flat zero, they are pretty much ALL IN. WHY?

The simple answer is of course they are doing what they were designed to do, fill in the highs an lows of our economy and keep all of the balls in the air. BUT, even during the Global meltdown of 2008, they were not invested this heavily, sure the Gov. cranked up the printing presses and we all learned two new words which were Quantitative Easing, but they weren't exposed to this scope or size, QE by itself really didn't affect the FEDs bottom line, because of course the "dollars" were backed by the full will and power of the U.S. Gov, but this is different they could literally wind up with most of the U.S. paper debt, last I read it could top 50 Trillion Dollars, so here is the thinking that I can't shut off.

I have read almost all of the favorable and non favorable books on the Fed, from the Knickerbocker Bank scandal to The Creature of Jekyll Island to Secrets of the Temple, End the Fed etc. So here is my big question, since the FED is "supposedly" not a private entity, or "supposedly" not a Gov. entity, what happens if they wind up with all of the U.S. debt, including Bonds Muni's, T notes etc ( and this is almost hard for me to print) then write it off!!!!!, Who gets hurt? There is no Gold to collect, and would would collect it?

"IF" this were to happen (still having a hard time contemplating this) what would happen next? I mean, it would be different than QE, they are NOT printing more money, there would be no hyper inflation, the value of the money that is out there would seemingly not change? If the Gov. found itself debt free, but yet didn't default on a debt, same with small businesses, Corporations and individuals alike, their credit rating, if anything, would go UP. Nobody is defaulting, the FED would essentially "forgive" all debt.

Now if the FED is indeed owned by the Rockefeller and the Rothchilds etc. this would seem implausible, as they would lose everything on the books, but of course they would have you believe that no one owns the FED, are we far enough down the rabbit hole yet? Are we witnessing a Global Monetary Reset? and no I didn't come up with this on my own, there have been several article hinting about this, but because of my upbringing, I just never believed it was possible,,, Now, I'm just not so sure?? Thoughts?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.