What are you Carhauler’s doing in these slow times? Is it even slow for you yet

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Banker, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I think Warren would agree he doesn’t get everything right if that is who you are speaking about. Absolutely no one gets it right in the market all the time. Warren has also said that he doesn’t invest in things he doesn’t understand, early technology was one area he said he missed out on reaping big returns. I still am happy with my returns on Berkshire Hathaway and the other funds I have invested in over the last 35 years. I don’t invest in things I don’t understand either, bitcoin being one. The little I have studied about Bitcoin is that it is too unpredictable for me to invest a single dollar in it. Doesn’t mean others can’t make money on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    No I don’t have one. Is that what you used for the hard to access ratchets?

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I was referring to Buffett, yes.

It seems like older generations are very wary of crypto just as they were the internet in general not long ago. I personally have not yet dabbled at all with it but it seems to skew heavily towards younger tech-savy generations just like smartphones and other techno-wizardry did in the past. However I think crypto currency is less like an “investment” vehicle and more like precious metals in that it is just a store of value with no counter party risk. Sure, they go up and down in dollar terms and some people play that game to try and profit, but that is not the point. Anyway I thought his ideas on that topic were ridiculous, that’s all.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    They may very well be ridiculous to you, but may not be to others. I don’t agree with myself 100% of the time and definitely don’t agree with anyone else 100% including Warren. If I did my entire portfolio would be invested in Berkshire, but that wouldn’t be wise at all for my investing strategy.

6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I just screwed in 90° zerks, and lined them up with a hole.
    Nobody up here has the needle zerks, and with our weather going to crap this week, I needed to get it done while it was nice last week.

BigBob410 and Banker Thank this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Did you drop any of the plugs in the process? Now that I have a bag full of spares I didn’t drop a single one. I did order a tip kit with a 90 after you mentioned it.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I've been wondering when you were going to get time for this. Lol. I know we've had a few conversations about these. I hope they work well for you!

Banker Thanks this.
  9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    3 or 4. Kept my magnet handy. Didn't lose any, though. I park on the typical mountain town granite dirt/gravel, so at least they stayed on top. I did lose a 90° zerk by the trailer bank.

BigBob410 and Banker Thank this.
  10. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Anyone seen any extra motivation laying around??? Been settin' on my donkey for nearly a month. Guess I gotta go see if I remember how to load!! Then off to Michigan.

Banker, KANSAS TRANSIT and Hammer166 Thank this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Bob I have plenty of motivation for an hour or so. I don’t know what I am going to do when I get back in the rat race of 8-9 hours a day. My 4 AM automatic wake up has gradually moved to 7:30 or 8:00. That first 0400 wake up make be rough.

BigBob410 and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.