What are you using in your truck for a Printer?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mmk trucking, Aug 25, 2022.

1. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Can anyone recommend a printer I can use in my truck I don't have a inverter or do they make printers that you can plug in your cigarette lighter

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I used to use a regular ink jet that plugged into my cheap 300 watt lighter plug inverter. Never had a problem.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Printers are cheap.

Inverters are cheap. And they plug in to a 12v socket.

I used an hp all in one the whole 7 years I was otr. Off a $20 inverter plugged in to the socket.

Lite bug and 86scotty Thank this.
  5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I've never heard of a 12v printer but I do know inkjet printers use very little power. Get a small, cheap inverter. Do not try to run a laser printer off a small, cheap inverter. It won't work. They are a much better option in trucks because they've gotten really cheap and a toner cartridge will last years but they are power hungry. Ask me how I know.

6. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    How do you know?

86scotty, 062 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  7. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I got a 300 watt inverter will get small printer to everyone thanks for the info

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
  9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    I use a Canon T-150.. very nice, really quiet and quick.. run off a small inverter..

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I learned how to do almost everything with just a smartphone and the right phone app. You can take a pic of your documents and a phone app will convert it to a PDF document. You can email the PDF if someone wants the document. If they want you to give them a paper copy, you can fax the PDF from your phone to their fax machine/printer. You can fax or email the PDF them and they can print it on paper. You can email/fax from your phone to the next truck stop and pick up the paper copy, for a $1-2. Setup a Goggle Docs account and store your docs there instead of your phone, if you don't enough memory.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.