What Can be said About Swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Palmetto_Cowboy, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    What's better for someone depends on their situation. Swift was good for me. It was close enough to drive my car to. During my otr training I was home every weekend, I got home Friday night or very early Saturday morning. Didn't go back out until Monday noon. It spoiled me rotten.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Course I am gonna like this I am kind of biased toward them lol, maybe one day I can go back

SHOJim and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  4. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Where do you live?

5. needitnow

needitnow Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Put a stake in this crap. Swift is not a bad company. It is a massive company. All these you tube videos and talk is because no other carrier in the country has as many trucks on the road. Yes a few bad drivers get in. You see 200-400 Swift trucks a day driving. And how many Swift accidents.Swift fleet also puts down 2.4 billon miles a year. Swift still has one of the lowest accident to mileage rates of most carriers. 2.4Bof 117B isn't bad considering there are roughly 1mil active registered transport companies out there. Btw Swift got a new CEO Jan 1st. Pay raises, inverters, and apu's are happening now

inkeper and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    APU's now. Considering how long to install a APU, this will take some time unless only the new trucks coming in are getting them

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Even that is a step forward, isn't it?
    I can't see it as a reason to complain about anything.

The company is changing for the better with these things.

8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What I thought the OP thread was:

What can be said about Swift...that hasn't already been said.

:)

KillingTime Thanks this.
  9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Was not complaining. Making a observation. Wondering if the l/o are getting the inverter and Apu and additional charge for this.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    For what it's worth, I've been otr with another company for 1 1/2 years and see many Swift trucks everywhere I go every single day. Many more than any other company.I have never observed any questionable or unsafe driving on their part.

Most of the unsafe, reckless and agressive driving I do witness and am subjected to regularly is the billy big rigger independents and independents driving rolling wrecks.

Speeding in general, speed too fast for conditions, speeding in work zones, tailgating, disregarding lane restrictions if another truck is going anywhere near the speed limit in the truck lanes and they've decided that's not fast enough, passing in the restricted lane. Usually after tailgating the sh_t out of them first. You name it. Most of the time they are mid arc in their off ramp up ahead as I pass by 20 seconds behind them after they went through all kinds of antics to get that 20 seconds. Just like idiots in the cars. A lot of potential pain for miniscule gain. They are the ones I see off the road most often in bad weather too.

matt1502, 91B20H8, austinmike and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Nothing like painting with a broad brush.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.